✧ taking care and loving you ✧

summary: you're feeling sick and Agatha takes care of you, because that's what friends do. long before the Hex.

word counter: 1955 words

warning: a fluffy one

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

"Agatha Harkness may be a lot of things, but inherently evil is not one of them."

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

Your eyes follow closely the black-haired, blue-eyed woman, who is quite hypnotized studying different flowers and plants. Gardening is one of Agatha's favorite hobbies. She's always visiting the flower shop to expand her succulent collection, especially, and you're always accompanying her.

There must be like an infinity of things that you don't know about this woman but, for some reason, you feel you can trust her. Agatha was literally the only neighbor who welcomed you when you arrived in the neighborhood four months ago. She appeared with that shiny smile and sympathy, offering you a tour around in case you need it. You accepted her invitation, even though you hardly spoke, which made her realize how interoverted you are. Since then, she takes you out of your new house to do the craziest and funniest things.

Agatha is certainly different. She doesn't mind taking risks or making a fool of herself in public at all. And she is so beautiful. Everything in her are perfect combinations that have begun to capture your attention on another plane. An impossible one for two reasons; she's much older than you and she sure doesn't like women.

"I'm gonna buy this one." The woman informs you when you approach her. It's a new species of succulent that you know absolutely nothing about but it looks pretty exotic. "You like it?"

"I like it if you like it."

Agatha chuckles softly and looks at you. It's only now, thanks to the closeness, to the light of the store, and the fact she's a good observer, that she can notice the paleness in your skin. A small wrinkle of concern appears on her forehead because your pigmentation was normal a few minutes ago.

"Are you feeling good?"

"I am. Can we go for that ice cream now?"

You're hard to read with that almost genuine smile of yours, so she doesn't know for sure if you're telling the absolute truth. But she overlooks it.

"All right, doll."

After Agatha happily buys her cactus, the two of you leave the flower shop and make your way to the ice cream parlor, which is across the street. She orders the chocolate and strawberry flavors and you order the same.

"The idea is to eat it before it melts, honey." She playfully reminds you as you clean up with a napkin the chocolate that just fell on the table.

You force a slight smile and your next act is to start eating the ice cream with a small plastic spoon. Your stomach twists from tasting chocolate just twice. You hate it because you love ice cream with your whole life and you could kill or die for it. But right now that's another story.

The woman in front of you studies the disgust that, without success, your face tries to hide.

"You don't have to eat it if you don't want to," she softly says.

"You want it?" You ask quite embarrassed.

"I can barely finish mine." Agatha's eyes return to her ice cream. "I'm not a big ice cream fan."