✧ i'll be️ seeing you around ✧

summary: when Agatha Harkness and Narcissa Malfoy meet, their rivalry soon flourishes. despite that, both are willing to work together in order to learn more about their magic. and, surprisingly, they find a kind of friend in the other.

word counter: 3599 words

a/n: today, the great Helen McCrory has left this world in the midst of her fight against cancer. i'm a fan of the Harry Potter universe and her role as Narcissa is like Agatha's; i'm supposed to hate her but i love her. as a Slytherin, and person, my heart couldn't be more broken. i couldn't help but write this her honor.

this is for you, Cissy ♥

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

Narcissa Malfoy always used to go to the Forbidden Forest in search of new ingredients for her magic potions. It was her way of distracting herself from thinking about Lucius, her husband, who always went with the rest of the Death Eaters to carry out Voldemort's orders. And with Draco studying at Hogwarts, she spent most of her time alone.

The Slytherin was finishing packing some Borage into her black coat when she heard the sound of dry branches and leaves rustling behind her. And there it was again, the feeling of being watched. It was not the first time and Narcissa always ignored it, but that afternoon, however, she got up from the ground to turn around.

"I know you're out there." She began to say in a loud and clear voice level, with a strong British accent, looking between the trees. "If you are brave enough, show yourself."

Suddenly, silence enveloped her. Not even the wind blew in the forest. Seconds turned into a minute and she thought she was wasting her precious time. But she was about to walk away, a figure began to emerge among the trees. Narcissa felt not fear, but curiosity. Because her stalker was a woman. The first thing that caught her eye was the casual way she was dressed: in black jeans, a purple blouse, and a pair of sneakers.

Agatha Harkness kept a serious expression, trying to look authoritative and convey precisely fear. But then she noticed the way that black-blonde haired woman was looking at her; with such fright that it made her laugh.

"You like it? It was on sale," Harkness said referring to her blouse. "A good investment."

"I'd rather die than wear that." The opposing woman was quick to reply.

"Nice to meet you too, dear." Agatha added sarcastically. Narcissa stood still, expressionless, studying her every move.

"Don't even think about it," she warned when she noticed the woman's intentions were to approach her. But Harkness didn't slow down.