✧ lies, pets and divorce ✧

summary: Agatha lied to you about certain things and you asked her for a divorce - which doesn't last long.

word counter: 2024 words

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

Agatha is about to bring Wanda out of her mind control to make her relive her painful past in search of more concrete explanations, when you suddenly burst into her basement.

"We need to talk." You sentence bluntly.

"Right now, darling?" She interrogates with a slight ironic tone, referring to the redhead who's levitating in the air, in front of her. "I'm in the middle of something around here."

"Right now, Agatha."

The witch looks at you hearing her name being spoken - her full name, for the first time in years. Although all she's really capable of catching is the way you're already heading back upstairs, leaving the dark basement.

"You were saved by the bell, baby witch." She speaks to Wanda, whose eyes are still glowing purple. "Just for now."

Agatha meets you in the living room of the house, and she feels confusion when she sees you watching the telly, or so it seems.

"Honey, we can't watch a movie right now, I-"

"Explain me that." You interrupt her, pressing the play button on the remote control.

Her confusion turns to curiosity as soon as the melodies of her hit song reach her ears. She walks up next to you so she can get a better view of the TV, humming Agatha All Along in the meantime. She freaking loves this song, especially because you helped her compose it, but you don't seem to want to hear it because you fast-forward the episode to the end.

"And I killed Sparky too."

Her malevolent laugh after that sentence is phenomenal, worthy of awards and praise, like all her performance. But you stop the episode, not wanting to hear more.

"You said Sparky died of natural reasons. That's true, right?"

You turn your head, looking at her, but the woman keeps her blue eyes fixed on the screen. Due to her messy black hair covering part of her face, you move in front of her to be able to read her expression - something you always do very easily, as you have years of experience. And the way she's biting her lips says it all. But you don't want to believe it. Not yet.

"Right?" You repeat hopefully, wishing so badly you were wrong this time. Agatha faces your gaze, fearfully, another gesture that speaks for itself. "You lied to me?"

"No! I just kept the truth from you." She responds quickly, unleashing your perplexity. "Look, honey, I know you. We can't have Sparky in our house, I-"

"And that's why you had to kill him?!"

"Can you let me-"

"No, I won't let you." You cut her off one more time. "You lied to me. And you know how much I love pets, how could you?"

Agatha tries to touch you but you back off, avoiding her at all costs.

"Honey..."

"Playing evil? I get it, it even amuses me. But killing a dog? That- That's unacceptable." You leave the remote control on the coffee table, and then you remove the gold ring from your finger. "I want the divorce."

"I- What?" Agatha can't help but giggle. You take and open her hand, leaving the ring there. "You know we're not married for real, right?"

"And we won't be either, so I hope you enjoyed Agnes and my character's marital happy days."