✧ competing for you ✧

summary: the guy who's been trying to win your heart for months has competition now when Agatha, your new neighbor, has her eye on you too.

word counter: 5096 words

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

Walking with Jonathan is your favorite thing to do. He always walks you home as soon as you finish your shift at the coffee shop. He works at the library, just a few blocks away, and his check-out time always coincides with yours.

You met him about six months ago, when you moved to Eastview. It was one winter afternoon when he went to get his cappuccino and noticed a new employee; a very pretty one that he couldn't take his eyes off of from that day on. Jonathan is quite brave so it didn't take him long to approach you, in a friendly way at first, but you know perfectly well that his intentions are otherwise.

Your last relationship sucked, hurt, and starting a new one was nowhere near your plans. But you've known Jonathan for several months now and he's not only a nice guy, kind and funny, but he's also attractive. When he wears these tight t-shirts wrapping around his body, you can make out the toned figure hiding underneath and you have to try hard not to think about it. Who can blame you? You've gone so long without that kind of physical contact.

"Are you free tonight?" Jonny asks as you both walk through the town's busy center, dodging a few people. "I was thinking we could go to the theater."

"Yeah, sure, why not?"

He smiles enthusiastically and because of the reduced distance between the two of you, you can feel his hand brushing against yours. The contact causes you some nervousness and you can't help but look at him, wondering if you should take his hand or not. In the midst of your hesitation, you're unaware that your feet are still functioning and you don't have time to dodge the person with whom you have just bumped into.

You quickly apologize, and your eyes get lost in some clear blue seas.

"Wow... Did I leave the oven on, or is that just you, hot stuff?"

This woman's shameless compliment makes you blush furiously. She pushes aside a delicate lock of her black hair, smiling flirtatiously at you. Your gaze doesn't seem to want to leave her face, as if you were under the influence of some spell. She looks much older than you, is that the reason why you find her tremendously beautiful? Because, goddamn, what a woman is standing in front of you right now.

"What kind of commentary is that?"

The unexpected but pretty momentary magic is broken by that comment from Jonny, whom the woman looks up and down.

"One that you obviously wouldn't understand." The stranger responds, returning all of her attention to you. Her smile reappears as soon as she extends her hand to you. "Agatha Harkness, nice to meet you, honey."