✧ mind games ✧

summary: Wanda messes with Agatha's mind, knowing perfectly what her weakness is. rather, who.

word counter: 1503 words

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

Every minute that passes, Wanda can feel the magic leaving her, to now belong to the person who's stealing it from her. Weakness takes hold of her, but Agatha Harkness has just attacked her family and the rage that flows through Wanda's veins is stronger.

In a few seconds, the Scarlet Witch is behind her enemy, breaking into her mind with ease since there are no protective barriers of any kind.

"You didn't see that coming?" Wanda whispers, thirsty for revenge.

In fact, Agatha did see it coming, seconds in advance, but she's such an excellent actress that pretending to be under the redhead's mind control is her favorite thing to do. And it's exactly what she does when night falls and suddenly finds herself in Salem, to recreate the day of her trial.

But just when she's about to step into her scared and vulnerable witch role, the scene changes completely. The sun's rays hit her blue eyes directly, causing her to bring up a hand to cover them a bit. She soon gets used to the light, finding herself in a vast green hectare of field, where a silhouette runs past her. This silhouette belongs to a person, you, who turns around to look at her, with a bright smile on your face.

"We have to go!"

You don't give her time to respond because you start to run, without letting go of your yellow dress to prevent it from dancing in the wind. Agatha smiles and, despite her confusion, she's soon running after you, calling your name.

"Where are you going?" She asks amid a giggle. You stop to answer her, turning only your head this time. The witch also stops, because she can feel something's wrong due to the expression on your face, which now transmits fear. "What is it, love?"

"Why are you hurting me?"

Your eyes become watery and the pain is reflected to such an extent that Agatha feels her heart twisting.

"I'm not, Y/N, I would never-"

She gasps when a purple rope appears around your neck, suffocating you. You raise your hand in her direction as you struggle to breathe, and she rushes towards you. Just when she's about to take your hand, a force abruptly pushes you out of her reach, causing a small cry to leave her mouth.

"Y/N!" Agatha exclaims, quickly picking herself up from the ground she just fell to. She looks in every possible direction, finding nothing but a completely empty place. "Y/N?"

The instant the witch stands still, trying to control the incessant and irregular beating of her heart, she feels something in her hands. Very slowly, her gaze descends, finding her hands clenched into fists, holding tightly to two purple magic ropes.

"A-Ag-Aggs."

Her world falls apart when she follows the path of the ropes, which end at your neck, pressing so hard that they cut off your breath almost completely. Tears overwhelm her blue eyes when she sees you trying to rid yourself of her magic, in despair, and fear, begging with your broken gaze for her help.

"Honey..." Agatha whispers, quickly making the ropes vanish. Except the opposite happens: her magic becomes more powerful and you fall kneeling to the ground, tears falling down your cheeks as your face turns red. "NO! I don't want this!"