✧ alone in the dark ✧

summary: you're watching a horror movie when the electricity dies; are you brave to face the dark alone or will you need Agatha to keep you company?

word counter: 1381 words

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

You're so nervous that you can't even eat the popcorn anymore. You had no better idea than to get into Hallowen with the most critically acclaimed horror movie that you didn't dare to watch when it was released: IT.

You never saw the original but this remake here, is giving you the creeps. Pennywise, that thing is not a clown but something twisted trying to be one, and that's scary as shit.

"Don't fucking go there." You whisper, holding the bowl of popcorn tightly against your chest.

A red balloon appeared in the library and the kid from the movie is following it, who knows where. Why do these children never learn? What's wrong with them? Jeez.

The suspense generated during the scene triggers your anxiety. Something bad is going to happen soon, you can feel it in your bones.

And you're not wrong.

The lights begin to fail. Someone appears on the stairs-someone without a damn head. The kid starts to get chased, He runs and runs and- the damn clown shows up and...

The television is turned off. Your house suddenly goes dark. You hold your breath but soon your chest is rising and falling so freaking fast, you could easily pass out at any second.

"Fuck." You whisper, hearing nothing but the uneven sound of your breathing and your shaky voice.

Keep it together, Y/N, it's just a power outage, that's all.

You leave the container with popcorn on one side of the bed and immediately grab your cell phone.

It's 1:33 a.m. It's not that late but damn, you wish you were already asleep because with the IT scenes spinning in your mind, that ain't happening anytime soon.

You need to distract yourself, you need to do it now. So you open Tumblr to browse Marvel memes and that's when the autumn wind blows, causing your bedroom window to shake slightly. You swallow hard.

It's just wind. They're just trees moving. Don't lose your shit.

When your gaze returns to your cell phone, you see the low battery sign with only 6 percent left.

"Shit," you whisper again, cursing internally too because if you had charged your freaking phone, you might not be about to panic.

Unwilling to stay in the dark in case your mobile dies, you leave your room to go in search of candles. Your cell phone's flashlight illuminates your quick way to the kitchen, which you rush into. You open drawer after drawer, without looking back or to your sides, afraid that that headless thing will appear-

Don't think about it, idiot, don't.

Although it's pretty hard not to when the images are so fresh in your head. Your pulse begins to race but hey, wait, you find the candle pack-completely empty.

"Are you fucking kiddin' me."

Your battery percentage drops a number and you pour some tap water into a glass because you need to calm down. Your hand trembles slightly as you hydrate your dry throat.

Outside, the wind blows again, and there are other sounds too, like dogs barking and cats howling. You freeze in place. You need to go back to your room, take refuge there and not go out until dawn. But how on earth are you gonna do that when you can't even move a single muscle?