✧ in love with your chief ✧

summary: Agatha Harkness, director of S.W.O.R.D, and your chief, is also your crush. who would've thought that a mistake could unite both of you.

some clarifications: in this timeline, Darcy works for S.W.O.R D and Jimmy too, although he's actually an undercover FBI agent.

word counter: 3064 words

─── 「༻ ☪ ༺」───

Everyone stops breathing every time Agatha Harkness arrives at work.

Security guards don't even dare to ask for identification or work credentials, and avoid eye contact at all costs - it's almost funny to see men so muscular and intimidating looking like scared puppies. The woman always walks with a purse in her arm, with black glasses covering her eyes, and with a straight posture full of confidence, imposing an air of intimidation, superiority, fear. The latter is what each person who works here feels, fear: fear of looking at her, of being around her, of speaking to her.

But you don't. In fact, you're probably the only agent who dares to do all those things: look at her, share the same space with her, talk to her. Well, talk to her when necessary, about work and really important or urgent things, because she gets upset very easily when someone wastes her time.

Agatha's heels echo through the lobby building with every firm step she takes in the direction of the elevator. The agents who pass by pretend to be reading the papers they carry or they just look away quickly. Your eyes are fixed on the woman, especially on her body - in the smooth way her hips move, gracefully and elegantly. You're one of the many who also stops breathing, but due to her radiant, incomparable beauty.

"Go to her, now."

Your hands start to shake slightly, causing the coffee cups you're holding to do as well. You turn around, facing Monica, Jimmy and Darcy.

"I can't do this. She's our boss, she-"

"You should've chosen truth then, girl." Rambeau says, folding her arms.

"My girlfriend is right," Darcy adds, "uh, sorry, fiancee." She quickly corrects herself, causing the other woman to smirk. "Plus, you were very willing to do it last night."

"I was drunk!" You defend yourself. "I literally don't remember saying I was going to kiss that woman, so..."

Last night, last night was a chaos of music, alcohol and partying. Lewis and Rambeau announced their engagement and wanted to celebrate at their home. It was supposed to be something quiet but they bought this bunch of bottles of whiskey and beer and it all got out of hand. It was barely midnight and you were already saying incoherent things and laughing at every little thing; you were already drunk. These three, including Woo, decided to play Truth or Dare, and of course your drunk ass chose the latter. They took advantage of that golden opportunity to challenge you to kiss your crush.

"Lucky for you, I recorded the whole thing."

You stare at Jimmy, who happily takes his cell phone out of his jacket and after a few seconds is showing you a video.

"Are you going to kiss her?" Darcy is heard asking while you sip whiskey.

"Damn, yeah," you say, dragging your words. "I'm going to k-kiss her so hard, she's going to f-fall in love with me."