The Note

Alright let's go, timeframe for this is just after wilw (looks suspiciously like wlw, Dana?? Answers??) anyways, saw a few writers do this so I thought I'd give it a go.

(Amity's POV)

I limped out of the healers office with my foot completely wrapped in a cast. The crutch was a little difficult, but thankfully the healer showed me how to properly use it.

As I closed the door behind me, I heard a familiar voice. "Oh my gosh! Amity! Are you alright?" Luz said, spinning me around to face her. She had her hands on my shoulders like I did with her at Grom, before I chickened out of asking her to be my date. She too, had changed out of her grudgby gear and back into her usual cat hoodie.

"The healer said it's definitely broken, I'll have to rest it for a few days before I can even think about walking too far." I said, staring down at the white bandages encasing my foot.

"Oh okay," Luz said, then her face lit up. "Hey, if you need to rest, then you should get back to your house. How far is it from Hexide?"

"Uhh, it's about a 15 minute walk, probably more like 30 with this crutch." I replied.

"Welp, that's way too far for you to walk. Doctors orders, right?" She grinned.

"Rrrright," I was skeptical of what she was planning. "Where are you going with this?"

"You still need to get home, soooo," Luz bent down and extended her arms out behind her. "I'll give you a piggy back ride!"

"A what?" I asked, extremely confused.

"Hop on my back, and I'll carry you home!" She bent her knees slightly and then opened and closed her hands a few times as an invitation to get on her back.

I sighed, knowing she wouldn't give up until I went with her. "Alright, how do I do this?"

"Here, lean your crutch against the wall, it'll be easier to pick it up when you're on my back. Just grab onto my shoulders and I'll pick you up from there!"

I put my crutch against the wall like she instructed, and then placed my hands on her shoulders. I started blushing a bit, being this close to Luz. She smelled really nice, despite just finishing a game of grudgby. "Like this?" I asked, to make sure I was doing everything right.

"Yup! Now, on three! 1! 2! 3!" With that she scooped me up in one fluid motion. I felt myself leaning back a little, so I held on to her shoulders a little tighter.

"Comfy?" She asked, turning her head so she could see merit if the corner of her eye.

"Surprisingly, yes." I admitted. "Though I do need to grab my crutch for when you're not around to carry me everywhere."

"Right!" She took a few steps toward the wall and turned sideways so I could grab it. Still holding onto her shoulder with my left hand, I picked up the crutch and tucked it under my arm sideways so it wasn't hitting anything. "Just tell me where I'm going!"

"Start going toward the Grom tree, it's a little past there." I nodded in the direction to go, but then I remembered she couldn't see me.