First Kiss

Okay, I had fun with the alternating POV so I think I'll do it again this time around. I thought that this could be a cute idea, so here we go!

(Luz POV)

"Azura book club!" I said, as soon as I opened the door to Amity's secret hideout.

She looked up at me and rolled her eyes with a smile, asking, "Do you have to do that every time?"

"Absolutely!" I sat down on the floor in front of her. "So, which one do you wanna read this time?" We could get through about half a book each time we read together, but most of the time we're not even reading. Sometimes we'll act out our favourite scenes, or talk about theories we've come up with.

"I thought we could do something a little different this time," When she got up and walked over to her desk, she definitely had my interest peaked.

"Oh?" I scrambled up behind her, excited to see what she had. "Well, come on! Let the cat out of the bag!"

"What?" She turned to me with this confused little look on her face. "Luz, there's no cat to let out?" Sometimes I forget she hasn't heard all of these crazy expressions humans use.

"Oh, umm, it's a human thin-" I started to explain, but she quickly cut me off with a panicked tone.

"Humans keep their cats in bags?! What?!?"

"No," I was trying so hard not to laugh, but she was just so adorable. "No, humans don't put cats in bags. It's just an expression for when you want someone to tell you a secret."

If Amity wasn't confused before, she was now. "B-but how does a bag with a cat in it have anything to do with a secret?"

I thought about it for a moment and realized I didn't know either. "Humans are weird," I shrugged my shoulders. "Anyways, what do you wanna do?"

"Right!" She turned back to the desk and opened a drawer. There wasn't much inside of it. A few pens, some crumpled paper, and a small brown bag with something inside of it. "I bet Em and Ed twenty-five snails each that he couldn't put four granola bars in his mouth at once without choking." She tossed the bag up in the air and caught it as it made a metallic clink. "They lost," As she put the bag in her pocket, she gave me a small smirk. "I thought we could head down to Bonesborough and check out the Market Place?"

"Like, as friends?" I asked sarcastically, then gave her a smile.

"Luz, we've been dating for a little over two months now. I knew you were oblivious, but do I really have to say it's a date every time?"

"Yes," I pulled her into a hug, then bounced over to the door. "So, you ready?"

"Let's go, you dork." she jokingly said as she nudged me in the side, opening up the bookshelf to reveal the rest of the library.

"But I'm your dork," I flung myself onto her from behind, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

She laughed, "Okay, yes you're my dork, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

The walk down to Bonesborough was pretty uneventful until we heard a faint rustling in the bushes.

"You heard that too, right?" I asked Amity.

"Yeah, we should leave before whatever it is, tries to steal our stuff, eat us, the possibilities are endless, so let's keep walking." She grabbed my hand, sending a jolt up my arm. We've held hands before, but I still get that little shock every time.