Happy Birthday

We can pretend I didn't disappear for like three months, right? Anyways, this idea is from @inlovewithcartoons on Instagram! Hope you like it! Also this has minor Season 2 Episode 2 spoilers, readers beware! ALSO, please refrain from commenting season 2 spoilers until 2 weeks after the episode airs! I watch them with my partner and it can sometimes be a while until we can get together to watch them, thanks in advance!

(Amity's POV)

I heard a knock at my door, pulling me out of my fantasy world. I set The Good Witch Azura 3 down onto my bed, open and with the cover up to mark the page.

"Mittens! Mom and Dad want to talk to you!" Edric shouted through the door. I knew it was one of the twins, my parents don't bother knocking.

"Great," I mumbled. It was probably about me breaking the necklace they forced me to wear ever since I was little. I was surprised it had taken this long for me to be punished for it.

I got up and opened the door, but Edric had completely disappeared. I wasn't sure if he was actually gone or just using an Illusion, but either way I still made my way downstairs, albeit slowly.

"Hello, Amity." My mother said, a fake smile plastered to her face. "We have something we wish to discuss with you."

"Yes," My father continued. "Please, come sit down." He gestured to an empty space on the couch across from the one they were sitting on.

"I-is this about the necklace?" My voice shook a little bit, earning me a stern look from my father. I could practically hear him say, "A Blight must not show weakness."

"No, it's not." He answered coldly. "Your 15th birthday is tomorrow, and your mother and I have taken it upon ourselves to invite witches whom are worthy of your time."

"May I ask who's coming then?" I said, my voice regaining the same coldness as my father's.

"Yes, we've already had one of the Abominations deliver the invitations, but here's the list." My mother slid a notepad across the table, which instantly made me think of Luz. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, even though I tried to stop it.

I looked over the list, seeing the same people as always. The ones my parents deemed 'worthy' are all stuck up snobs, and it's always the same witches. Boscha, Skara, Amelia, and Kat. All of their families have business deals with my parents, and they've tried to force us all to be friends since we were little. It worked out okay for a bit, but I wasn't friends with them, I tolerated them.

"Could I make a few, additions?" I asked, not thinking about what I was doing until the words left my mouth. ' Too late to go back now,' I thought, mentally kicking myself.

"Oh?" My mother raised her eyebrow. "And who else would you like to invite?"

I took a deep breath, though I made sure it wasn't too noticeable. "No, forget I said anything. The guest list is fine."

"There we go, see, that wasn't so hard?" I felt something tap the cushion beside my shoulder. It was one of the twins using an invisibility spell, and they were letting me know they were there and wouldn't let anything happen.

I felt two taps on my right shoulder, and then three on my left. Both the twins were there. We came up with this idea a few months ago, before Luz even came to the Isles. One tap per syllable in their name, so two taps for Edric, three for Emira. One tap beside me is just them letting me know someone's there so I don't get surprised and blow our cover.