Stitches

This suggestion came from @Journeywasfound, I really hope I've done this idea justice! I'm not gonna lie, kinda took me forever to find a song, but hopefully it works out?
Timeframe: sometime after Yesterday's Lie (S2:EP:10)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luz's POV:

"Hey kid! You gonna stop fiddling with that human scroll and come sort through your trash pile?" Eda called from the Living Room.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a second!" I said, sighing, still trying to get some sort of signal so that I could text Mamí back like I promised. After a few more minutes, I gave up and threw my phone down on the sleeping bag next to me.

As I walked out of my room/old closet, I was hit with the smell of really old stuff and actual trash. "Oh my god, Owlbert, we talked about this!" I looked down at the little owl, who seemed very proud of himself. "If it looks like garbage, it is garbage!" He looked me up and down, turned his beak upwards and waddled away from me. "Did he just..."

"Call you garbage?" King popped up from one of the three piles. "I think so! Hah hah, Owlbert thinks Luz is trash!"

"Wow, you didn't have to be so mean about it!" I laughed with King and the Palisman.

"Kid, you haven't even started on your trash pile yet!" Eda said, wearing a pair of purple plastic rave glasses, oven mitts, and leg warmers.

"Find anything interesting yet?" I asked, trying not to laugh at my mentor's weird choice of style.

"Not yet, but you know how this works, actual trash in pile 1, stuff you want to keep for yourself in pile 2, shiny stuff in 3, and 4 is stuff I can actually sell." With that, Eda dove headfirst back into the pile. I looked around the room, when all of a sudden something in King's pile caught my eye.

"Hey Little Guy, mind if I come take a look in your stuff for a sec?" I asked, making my way over.

"Sure, there's not a whole lot in there anyways." He shrugged, throwing a huge diamond ring into Pile 3 without a care in the world.

I made my way over, careful not to step on any of the cheap plastic items that Eda would probably deem 'sellable'. Eventually, I got to what I was looking for. "Huh, it's in better condition that I thought, it just needs a little TLC!" I pulled out the item by the wooden handle.

"Whatcha got?" Eda resurfaced once again, this time with a dirty Santa hat on.

"It's an old guitar, my mom taught me how to play when I was younger. I smiled, holding it up to me and giving it a single strum. It was horribly out of tune.

"Ooh, a torture device!" King exclaimed, his eyes wide with power.

"No, you little devil," I laughed. "It just needs to be tuned. I'm gonna take this back to my room and see if I remember how to play!" I put the black guitar strap over my shoulder so it was easier to carry

"Can I have your trash pile?!" King asked, his tail wagging lightly, eyes wide with hope.

"Sure," I ran my hand along the handle again, feeling where the wood had been worn down and chipped from being in the trash. I decided I'd focus on the looks later, but for right now, as long as it sounded okay it was perfect.

All the strings were in good condition, which was very surprising. One did need to be put back in the tuning key, but otherwise fine. When I turned it upside down, a pick fell out of the sound hole. "Man, I hate when they get stuck in there." I looked to see if I could find any more, lo and behold, after about two minutes of shaking three more picks fell out.