Chapter 6 (Our first meeting)

As soon as they got to their car, John hopped in behind the steering wheel and drove off despite all of Layla's protest and cries. She didn't want to leave her sister but she had to follow suit. She had to survive first if she were to find her sister.

"We will find her Layla. You don't have to worry." Harry tried to bring her a little comfort.

"We will come back for her tomorrow." He further said giving John a cold stare. "You and me."

She nodded her head between muffled cries. She held John's hand tightly throughout the whole journey. She realized, at the that moment, how your judgement can go wrong about the people you think you know so well. While infact, they only show their true colors during a crisis.

**********

She was half conscious, when she felt the earth moving. Or may be the earth was still and she was moving. She gathered all her strength to pull herself back into consciousness. She could see with a blurry vision. Her cheek was resting on something soft, it felt like the fur of an animal. It took her a millisecond to become fully alert.

She was on the back of a wolf. It was running in the dark dense woods growling furiously. Her body hair begin to stand up. But she didn't budge an inch. She had heard some animals don't prey on dead subjects. So she laid still pretending to be dead.

The wolf stopped suddenly. It violently tossed her on the ground. The act was so sudden that she couldn't keep up the false show and she screamed in fright.

She was surrounded by a pack of husky wolves. They howled and closed in on her slowly. Saliva dripping down their jaws, ready to feast on their arch enemy.

She gathered all her strength to stand up, but the enormous wolf that had brought her here took a massive plunge and pinned her down to the ground. Before she could do anything, she felt it's sharp canines penetrate into her throat. The intensity of excruciating pain made her scream in agony. She tried to reach for the beast's face. She wrestled to push him back, to kick him, but all in vain.

It dug it's canines deep and even deeper into her flesh, squeezing her trachea. She squirmed and struggled for oxygen. The other wolves started attacking her too. One of them bit into her right leg, other tore her t-shirt apart.

Her lips were slowly turning blue. She bagan to feel lightheaded. Her brain was giving up the struggle due to the lack of oxygen. She slowly sank into darkness. She realized this was the end for her.

************

Harry offered to stay with Layla that night. She refused the offer and told him to go back and take some sleep. They decided they will go to the woods again in the morning to look up for Stella.
She went into Stella's room.

Her bed was wrinkled as if she had gone somewhere moments ago.
Everything was same yet nothing was same.
She picked up her pillow dug her face deep inside it to feel her dear sister's scent. A few tears escaped her eyes and were absorbed in the pillow. It was cold.

"I'm going to find you my dear. And I won't rest till I get you back here." She pledged.

She didn't sleep at all. Pistol, ammo, knives, taser she stuffed her bag with anything she could find to fight those loathsome creatures. She anxiously paced back and forth in her room and waited for the sun to rise.

*************

Stella woke up with a jerk from a horrible nightmare. She sat down and found herself gasping for air.
She touched her neck, there was nothing there.
She took long breathes to calm herself down. It was just a nightmare. She let out a sigh of relief.
But then she felt the bump on the back of her head.
'Ouch' It was still sore and hurted upon touching.