Chapter 7 (He is a beast)

The shine in his eyes dimmed when I asked him that question. He took a brief pause and cleared his throat before telling me that he and his friends were camping in the woods too.
They discovered me and brought me back to his house.
I was thankful. They saved my life. But what about others, were they safe too?

"We didn't see anyone besides you." He told me.

I shuddered on the thought of how a fun night ended on such a horrible note.

"Can I make a call back home?" I was worried about Layla and others.

                   **************

Home what home? This is your home. I wanted to say but couldn't make myself utter it. I should wait for the right time.

So there were other people with her too. How dare those rascals come so close to our territory. I swear nobody would have ever heard from them if it wasn't because of my mate, my wolf grunted.

"No." I said curtly.
Her worried expressions transitioned into shock.

"I mean my landline is dead. And I lost my phone yesterday." I should really learn to express a polite disapproval.

She nodded and asked another question.

"What is this place called? And how far am I from home?"

Ughh why does all of her question have to be about this mess. Why can't she ask questions like when are we banging or how many pups are we gonna have?

"Northstar Pa..... I mean town. It is almost a twelve hour journey, by road, to your town" I told teo lies in a single sentence. I patiently kept replying to all of her queries one after another.

"Okay kitten, you should take a shower and some rest. I've to go to work. We can discuss other things when I get back."

I don't wanna leave her side for a single moment but I am the Alpha, I have some duties.

My dutiful mate nodded her assent.

We will get along really well.

                   **************

I can't precisely pinpoint my emotions about how I feel about this place and him, but I don't feel awkward or out of place.
I took a warm and relaxing bath and when I came out it was around mid-day.

I thought I was gonna stay in the bathrobe but then I saw some shopping bags on the bed. All kind of clothes in multitude of colors.
So kind and thoughtful of him.

But they were too many as if I was staying here for a lifetime. Anyways I chose a loose fit black crop top hoodie and shorts.
Everything, including the undergarments fit me perfectly.

What the hell did he measure me or what.
And then I saw the note that was in the lingerie bag.

"Don't worry kitten! I didn't measure you. I am just good at guessing." With a wink emoji.

It made me blush. Did he purposely put it in the lingerie bag or was I thinking too much?

It was so hard to not get attracted to such a cute bastard.

              ***************

I was feeling hungry so I went in the kitchen to make myself some food. I decided to make pasta in white sauce. This house was huge and it had all the luxuries you could think of. He told me he had no family and that he lived alone.

I plopped on the sofa to enjoy the savoury pasta.

After finishing it I decided to have a look around the place. There were so many rooms. I entered into what I considered the master bedroom. Black and grey interior really complemented the room. It was classy and filled with his scent. He had a fine taste, I admitted.