Chapter 10 (Falling for him)

She passed out because of the unbearable intensity of pain and slept under the influence of drugs for a few days. It was the Alpha's order. He knew how fragile she, or for that matter humans were, so he didn't want her to wake up before the wound healed.

She opened her eyes slowly, blinking a few times. Her vision cleared up and she recalled their last encounter. She sat down and after throwing a glance at the grey-black room, she knew she was in his room. She dragged herself to the toilet. She saw her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were puffy and her face pale. Her eyes trailed down to the mark. She scoffed at the sight. The hideous mark on her neck announced that she was his possession. She wasn't a free human being anymore. She was one of them. He was her mate and her Alpha.....The Alpha Beast. She was fuming with rage on her helplessness.

*************

The flashbacks of that day made me dizzy. I remembered Layla and Harry. I hope they made it out safely and I wish they never comes back here looking for me. I can't risk any more lives. The odds of three humans fighting these mighty creatures are little to none. The mark has made it even more difficult for me to leave. He would be able to find me in any corner of the world just by following my scent. I should better become accustomed to this new life. This hell of a paradise is my new home. This miserable life, my new life. My train of thought was disturbed by the knock at the bathroom door.

"You good honey?" It was him.

"Yes." I replied curtly.

I can't even have privacy in the toilet in this god-damned house. I came out and saw him sitting in the corner of the bed. I slowly made my way past him to what I considered my side of the bed. But a hand got hold of my wrist as I passed him. He motioned with his chin to the spot beside him. I reluctantly obliged. My eyes were burning with the sting of unshed tears.

He touched the mark with the tips of his fingers.

"It looks beautiful on you." A satisfied smile adorned his face. It fueled the fire of rage burning inside me. What I considered to be a shackle around my neck was a source of sadistic pleasure for him.

"We are inseparable now, my love." The shackle around my neck tightened. I felt suffocated.

"Does it hurt?" He tucked my hair behind my ear, brushing my cheek softly. I winced at this fake display of sympathy.

"Yes." I looked him in the eyes and pointed towards my chest. "Right here." He was taken aback for a second.

A lava was boiling inside me desperately looking for an entrance destroying anything and everything that came in its way. I wanted to hurt him as badly as he had hurt me. Not physically but emotionally.

"I was so wrong. You are not a beast." The words left my mouth. My voice felt strange.

"You are worse than that." I hissed.

"You don't have an ounce of empathy in you. You are no different than a wild animal, preying upon people you deem weaker than you." He visibly stiffened but didn't lose his composure. His nerves were definitely stronger than mine.

"Animals are, infact, better than you lot. They don't torture their preys, they just kill them for the sake of their own survival. Unlike you, they don't keep them as captives for their sadistic pleasure." I was fuming and anger truly brings a side of you that nobody is familiar with, not even you yourself.

"You know what? You are neither an animal nor a human. None of the race wants to associate themselves with an odious creature like you. You are a despicable mixture of the vile qualities of both. Worse than a human, wickeder than a wild animal." I didn't know I was capable of spewing such venom until today.