𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀|| Chapter 3

If you disappear from this world, no one would notice.

Shuichi woke up suddenly, sitting up immediately, looking in front of him with a frightened look, while tears came out of his eyes and streaked his cheeks. His heart was beating wildly as he covered his mouth, stifling his whines so as not to be heard. He had a dream. A nightmare, like the other days.
Him, alone, in the dark.
And an unknown voice talking.

He decided to leave the room to get some air, to calm down. She got up and left the room hoping not to meet anyone, to be alone.
He wore only gray pajamas and slippers, slowly pacing out of school as he took several deep breaths.
'You are a fool... crying about a dream?' many bad thoughts were spinning in his head, while the boy arrived in the big garden.

He was alone, no one was around.
Kaito felt unwell so that evening Shuichi and Maki had escaped their night training, which Kaito usually forced them to join.
Unfortunately that evening he wasn't the only one in the garden, he could hear someone whispering in a low voice.
According to the detective's instinct, was the voice coming from behind a tree perhaps? He approached slowly and saw someone move too briskly.
<<Oh Angie>> Shuichi calmed down when he saw the smaller girl turned away. The emo boy nothiced she was dressed as always.
Her hair was a pale platinum blonde that looks almost white and is loose tied in two wavy ponytails by small thin hair bands.
She wore a white bikini top with frills, the frills a pale blue, presumably paired with bikini bottoms under her blue skirt with white frills sewn into the bottom and a blue bow at the waist. At the top of her skirt, she had a pink belt that held her carving tools and brushes. Angie wore a yellow gown that reaches below the knees, the sleeves wide and loose as they stop in front of her wrists. Her shoes were plain white slip-ons with a light gray sole.

'Probably she didn't go to bed that night...' the boy deduced, seeing small dark circles under his eyes. When the lively girl saw him, she hopped up to him with her brush in hand.
<< Nyahah! Good evening Shuichi! >> the white-haired girl smiled brightly.
Shuichi hinted a sweet smile
<<Isn't it a bit late to stay up?>> he asked her, hoping not to be rude to the girl.
Angie turned to him and only now Shuichi noticed that she was painting a picture
<<I take inspiration in the evening! Or let's say at night, when I'm alone>>.
Shuichi did not know art, and he did not understand what kind of art Angie's on the canvas was. They were various sketches of paint in various colors. Dark and light colors.

<<What troubles you Shuichi?>> the girl turned again, continuing to paint with great enthusiasm. She was splashing some blue paint on the picture like droplets of water.
Shuichi turned around, looking away as if he was troubled or perhaps embarrassed by what he had dreamed <<Just... a bad dream, a nightmare>> the boy sighed and looked up, observing the stars, trying not to think about it anymore but he kept talking <<and bad thoughts. I don't understand why I dreamed it...>>.

Angie hummed a sweet melody, smiling happily <<Shuuuichi are you sure you're not telling yourself these things?>>
The boy looked at her confused, while she moved her little hands coloring her canvas <<Maybe you are just insecure and you need someone to help you! >> she chuckled <<Is maybe for Kaede's death? >>.
He swallowed. At that point he stopped.
Kaede was a person always available for Shuichi and unfortunately since her death, he was even more afraid of dying in the killing Game.

Angie finished her drawing and giggled again.
<<Well you should find someone who gives you security! And trust you blindly >> she suggested, sprinkling a little purple color on the canvas <<Oh! Maaaybe Kokichi can help you! >>
The boy looked at her even more surprised than her, shaking her head <<Ouma-kun? I-I mean he keeps saying he's the creator of this Killing Game...>>.
The boy looked up to the sky, hoping to see more stars, as if he were looking for hope or someone to help him. But he turned his golden eyes back to the floor. His heart was beating madly, as if he were afraid that something could be even worse than what was happening now.

Angie put down her brushes, cleaning them, and took the board.
She patted the boy on the shoulder, who continued to be silent <<Maybe if you trust him, you will be able to save us Shuichi!>> She gave him a soft and warm smile, jumping towards her room.

'The only problem is not to save ourselves, it is also to trust...' the emo boy sighed, coming back to his dorm.