𝗡𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀|| Chapter 2

Kokichi was out of school, as it was afternoon. He had turned away from the others while they were looking for a way out of that damned school. Kokichi wanted to help too, but he wasn't really liked by his classmates. He was extremely different from them all. Sure, everyone has a different behaviors that sets them apart from others, but he was ... how to say... 'rude'?
So the others believed him: he judged everyone and all the people he met, he treated everyone with inferiority, he felt superior to every living being he could find, he played jokes on everyone without regret.

Kokichi had his head raised towards the sky, looking at the light color, almost hoping to be able to touch it. What was Kokichi thinking? At that moment Kokichi was thinking of nothing, absolutely nothing. Empty. White. He was alone there to look and admire the sky, as one looks at a painting in a museum, at an art's work. And that too looked fake, like a dome covering their heads.

Shuichi had just spent time with Kaito, who at that moment had abandoned him for Maki.
Shuichi thought about spending time in the library reading some mystery books or some classics, but at the moment he was too tired to go there. So he decided to go out of school to get some fresh air and to get some rest. This was definitely a bad choice.

<< SAIHARA! >> from afar a voice called him, this frightened the poor detective. That thin voice gradually grew stronger. Kokichi was literally running towards him.
<<O-Oh... good morning Ouma-kun>> Shuichi greeted him cordially and formally, as always. Shuichi never understood why the purple-haired boy how he always managed to be so happy and energetic in a Killing Game... The shortest stood on tiptoe and swayed from side to side with a 32-tooth smile.

<<Nishishi...>> Kokichi found himself in front of him.
'He must be up to something...' Shuichi found himself thinking. Kokichi used to arrive all smiling, laughing, and then propose something to do together and maybe make a joke, or just to get people bored.
<<Are you... are you looking for something Ouma-kun?>> the blue-haired boy tried to argue in those minutes of silence. He felt very uncomfortable as he was very introverted and quiet, unlike the other guy who was the opposite. Kokichi looked him in the eye and grinned again <<I missed you!>>
Eh...?
Shuichi nervously scratched the back of his neck <<Y-You missed me...? Huh...>>.
Kokichi rolled his eyes and smiled again <<Of course silly! I could never and never live without my beloved Saihara!>>
He approached putting an arm around his shoulders and affectionately pulled his cheeks while Shuichi looked at him dazed and uncomfortable at the same time.

The shorter boy took him by the arm and they started walking around the whole school, while Shuichi tried to beware of Kokichi's possible pranks, even though he seemed particularly harmless at the moment.
<<What were you doing here alone?>> the purple-haired boy asked curiously, while looking at him.
Shuichi returned the look <<Nothing important, I spent time with Maki and Kaito>> Kokichi snorted as if irritated <<Did you mean Shittymota and the weirdo?>>. Shuichi looked at him in amazement as Kokichi giggled. How dare he give such despicable and nasty nicknames against them. They hadn't done anything wrong. Right?

Kokichi seemed lost in his thoughts while Shuichi kept looking at him. Before he could speak, the shorter boy smiled and suddenly exclaimed <<I have to give you a special nickname too! >>
Shuichi sighed and closed his eyes, frowning, now resigned.
'I will never understand him' Shuichi thought in his head, so that only he could hear 'it's like an enigma'.
Kokichi had a hand on his cheek as if to think and his face lit up smiling <<Saihara-chan!>> he said proudly <<or maybe Shumai! What do you think of that one?>>
Shuichi could only look at him and stammer a little <<It's okay, I-I guess...?>>
The Ultimate Detective couldn't understand Kokichi and the why of his actions. But Shuichi didn't know that, with that statement, Kokichi felt a strange sensation inside him that he never tried before.

Kokichi looked into his eyes <<'Shumai' fits really good to you>> and his voice was calm and serious.