𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽|| Chapter 5

Ryoma Hoshi, the Ultimate Tennis Pro, was killed by Kirumi Tojo, the Ultimate Maid.
After she finished fixing everything, Kirumi invited Ryoma to his research lab to kill him. He revealed to him that he had seen the video of his motive and found out that he is the prime minister of all of Japan and that he is responsible for the entire nation and its people. Ryoma left his life to Kirumi, letting her hit him in the back of the head with a wooden pole, knocking him unconscious. He then proceeded to handcuff him and drown him in his lab's shower sink, killing him, albeit not before scratching the stone sink with his steel handcuffs. His body was taken to the piranha pool in the gym using the cable car that Kirumi had set up earlier. Where he was later eaten by piranhas.

Shuichi had once again found the culprit, unfortunately. And Kirumi died with her execution. Shuichi felt bad. He hated, at this moment, discovering the truth. He felt guilty. He didn't want anyone to die and if he lied about the culprit they would all die. He felt terribly guilty. He was scared but everyone was counting on him to get out of that school. The Class Trial lasted at least two hours, two long hours that seemed eternal. Everyone was really tired and most went back to their dorms, sniffling with tears.

Shuichi did the same, he was exhausted just like everyone else: dark circles had formed under his eyes, with a tired expression on his face, his movements were slow, and he was almost forgetting where his dormitory was. He took the key to his dorm from his trouser pocket and put it in the lock, turned the key three times to the right and the door opened. Shuichi's room had always been quite tidy. The bed was always well made, the clothes folded neatly in his closet, and the room smelled good too.
Shuichi undressed, dropping her clothes to the floor, and taking out her pajamas. After getting dressed, he thought of leaving his clothes on the floor, being too tired, but he found himself folding them and placing them on a chair next to the wardrobe.
He then lay down in his bed, under the comforting blankets, warm and safe. Shuichi didn't feel safe, he couldn't even sleep. He stared at the ceiling, while continuing to think about the execution of the same day. And he felt his stomach twist, to feel guilty.
Ryoma's skeleton, the desperate faces of everyone at the class trial, the tension, Kirumi's face sweating with fear and finally her heartbreaking screams as she slowly died...

Shuichi shook his head, trying to forget everything. He turned to the bedside table, grabbing the alarm clock. It was 2.07AM. He had been awake for at least 3 full hours, unable to sleep.

For Kokichi it was the same thing. He was lying in his bed looking up at the ceiling, while his room was completely untidy. And he had absolutely no desire to tidy up. He had always been an intelligent and energetic person, but he was not an orderly person. Absolutely not. He didn't even know what he was thinking at that moment. He was tired, but he couldn't fall asleep.
He quickly jumped out of bed and, still barefoot, left his room. He tried to be as quiet as possible, so as not to wake the others.
He knocked on Shuichi's room, waiting for a sign that he was awake or still alive. He waited two minutes but no one opened, he was about to go back to his dormitory, until he heard the door open. Shuichi was barely standing, his pajamas now all wrinkled, his hair untidy and with even more dark circles.
<<Oh... Ouma-kun?>> Shuichi looked at him, holding back a yawn.
Kokichi smiled. He was in his white pajamas, also with dark circles under his eyes
<<Saihara-chan I can't sleep >> his voice was sleepy, and not energetic like every day. Shuichi couldn't help but look at him, so he let him in <<Me too...>> then he sighed.

Kokichi, as if he were at his home, threw himself on the other boy's bed, sinking his head into his pillow <<Ahhh this pillow smells like Shumai!>>
Shuichi immediately blushed at his statement,shook his head as if to stop blushing. Shuichi sat on the bed next to him.
<<Shumai this bed is too hard!>> complained the purple-haired boy, looking up at the emo boy. Shuichi shrugged <<I like it that way>> answered simply.
Kokichi snorted <<Uff but like this I will not be able to sleep!>> crossed his arms to his chest and waiting for the tallest to say something.
<<Well maybe I can->> Shuichi stopped talking and blushed again <<W-Wait do you want to sleep here!?>>
It was a very embarrassing idea for Shuichi, but very spontaneous for Kokichi.
<<Sure! That's why I came to you>> Kokichi smiles, a slightly disturbing smile in the opinion of the Ultimate Detective. The idea of ​​two teenagers, two boys, sleeping in the same bed was a bit strange. But this idea didn't seem to upset the shorter boy.

The blue-haired boy lay down on the bed, resting his head on his pillow <<This day has been horrible>> he sighed and looking at Kokichi next to him.
<<What did you expect? It's a Killing Game>> Kokichi spoke, looking at him <<I'm sorry that Kirumi is dead, now who will cook for us?>> Shuichi looked at him in disbelief as the Ultimate Supreme Leader laughed. But Shuichi knew that at least a little, in his laugh, there were some lies. Because he had seen it destroyed after Ultimate Maid's death.
<<Neh neh Saihara-chan>> Kokichi stopped laughing and looked at him seriously <<will we ever get out of here?>>.
Shuichi looked at the ground, hesitant and frightened by his answer. He felt a pressure on his chest. His heart was pounding and he felt bad again. But suddenly this feeling vanished. Kokichi had rested his head on his chest, putting his arms around his body to hug him. He didn't need answers, he trusted Shuichi and was sure he would be able to save everyone else.

<<Goodnight Shumai, sweet dreams~>> Kokichi said, closing his eyes. Shuichi did the same after him, smiling a bit.
<<Goodnight Ouma-kun, you too.>>