ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚

(Y/N)'s POV

4 years old

"Good morning Mama!" I said while running to her. She opened her arms to catch me and then carried me. "Good morning (Y/N). You're up early."

"Mama, can you tie my hair please?" I asked her. "Of course," Mama said before putting me on a stool. "Mama, what hairstyles can you do?"

"Well, I can do a ponytail, pigtails, and braids," Mama said looking for the hair ties.

"Can you braid my hair please?" I asked because I liked my hair braided.

"I can't braid your hair right now sweetie, it's still too short. How about pigtails? I know that they'll suit you." Mama said, walking back to me with the hair ties. "Okay, Mama!" I sat still, enjoying the feeling of Mama's fingers running through my hair, brushing it softly so I won't be in pain. She took the hair ties and tied my hair into two pigtails. "There you go. Here's a mirror." Mama said handing me a mirror.

"Waaah, it's so beautiful Mama, thank you!" I said, hugging her and kissing her cheek. She chuckled. "Do you wanna help me prepare breakfast?" I nodded enthusiastically. I helped Mama by bringing her the ingredients and tools she needs. All while doing this I was humming the lullaby she sang to me.

"Where did you learn that?" Mama asked. I looked at her and saw swirls of gray mixed with black around her form. She feels scared. I didn't want to tell her that I remember the demon because that might spell my death so I lied. "I don't really know Mama. I just heard it last night in my dreams. I thought that it was beautiful." The swirls of gray and black were replaced by a pale cerulean color. That means that she is relieved.

"Oh, well it's lovely dear. You have a beautiful voice you know. You should sing more." Mama said while cutting the vegetables. I smiled at her and said "Okay Mama!" Slowly the other kids started to wake up and help around. I smiled at all of them and said good morning. Emma ran to me and hugged me and I hugged her back.

-------

We were all sat at the table ready to eat when Mama stood up and clapped her hands to get our attention. All of us looked to Mama, waiting for her to say something. "I just wanna say Congratulations to Jessica! You're getting adopted tomorrow at noon dear." Mama said while clapping. But I could see dark blue blobs and gray swirls surrounding her. She's sad and guilty. All the other children started clapping and smiling and congratulating Jessica. I smiled sadly, knowing that something bad will happen to her. I congratulated her to not look suspicious. We then started to eat. I need to start training so I can protect them.

After eating we all went outside while the older ones helped Mama with the chores. We started playing tag in the forest. John, an 8-year-old boy, was it. I joined in so I could train my stamina and speed. We all ran into the forest. I climbed a tree to look around my surroundings. I saw John tag Gilda and Don not far from me. I waited for him to pass by my tree before I climbed back down and started running in the opposite direction. I jumped on rocks and logs, trying to improve my landing. I almost tripped. Cruse these short, stubby legs. I started running again farther away. That's when I stumbled upon it.

A small clearing. It's far away enough that it will be hard for others to find. I could set up traps here and train. I jumped up and down, feeling excited due to this discovery. I then heard a bell ring. So I ran back to the house. When I arrived an orange blur dashed to me, tackling my small form to the ground.

"Waaaah, (Y/N). You're so good at this! How did you not get tagged?" Emma asked.

"Emma, you're crushing meee." I whined.