ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat up on the bed, stretching my arms and rubbing my eyes. Everyone was still asleep so I got ready. I brushed my hair and braided it and put on the hairclip Mama gave me. The clock struck 6:00 and the bell started ringing. Everyone started waking up. "Rise and shine everyone! Breakfast is calling!" Emma shouted. I giggled at her antics. She looked at me and smiled too. "Waaaah, (Y/N), you always wake up so early! How do you do that?" she asked while getting ready. I helped the other kids get ready too. "I don't know Emma. I'm just used to it, that's all."

The kids started running out the room. I chuckled and followed them, greeting everyone I come across good morning. I passed by Don and Conny. "Good morning Don, Conny. And of course to our precious little Bernie." I said, walking over to Conny and carrying her. She giggled while we were walking to the dining room. As of the moment, we are 38 siblings. 

"Good morning Ray, Norman!" I said as we arrived at the dining room. "Good morning (Y/N)." Both of them said. I put Conny down and helped in preparing the table.  We then all sat down at the table. "Right on time. Let's dig in!" Mama said. We all prayed and then ate our breakfast.

-----

"Age 11. Type 1. Please answer every question within 10 seconds. We'll begin now. Question 1. Please select the figure from the following that could not be a possible net of solid A." "Beep" 

It was now time for our daily exams. 'For our future... For our well being'. Mama said that these tests were to be a substitute for conventional school. But I think it has something to do with how they ship us off.

"Whew. Finally." I looked at the other kids to see their reactions. "I got about half of 'em right!" "Half?! Amazing!" "You're so good... I didn't have a clue... It's been like this for a while now."  I smiled softly.

"I'll be returning your exam scores," Mama said. "Norman, Ray, Emma, (Y/N). Splendid job you four! You each got 300s again. Perfect scores!" Mama praised. I smiled. Emma was ecstatic. She loved being praised by Mama. After that, we all went outside to play.

"Yikes. Norman, you're it!" Don said. "How about you Ray?" I asked. "I'll pass," he replied. "Tch... Would it kill you to come and play with us once in a while?" Emma asked, annoyed. "Okay, I'm gonna start counting! One, two..." We all started running.  I ran into the forest as fast as I can. When I was out of sight, I started to jump on the tree branches. While jumping around, I saw Emma at the fence. She stared at it for a while before running again. I shrugged and jumped away, looking for any traces of Norman.

I saw him chasing Emma. I followed them quietly by jumping on the tree branches.  Norman pretended to trip to trick Emma. Emma went to him and Norman tagged him. Time is up so I decided to make myself known. I chuckled loudly so they could hear me. They looked around and saw me sitting on a tree branch.

"Waaaah, (Y/N) how are you so good at this! I always get tagged by Norman." Emma asked. I climbed down, so as to not look suspicious. "Well, what does Norman have that you don't right now?" I asked. "Uhh, he's super smart, plans ahead, composure, too many things to count," Emma replied. "It's tactics, Emma. You might beat him when it comes to physical abilities, but he always uses his head. Defeating him is never straightforward and tag is a game that allows a tactical approach to shine brightest. How will the target move? How will it attack me? You need to observe and analyze the situation. See through and predict the enemies' plan and then form an even better plan. It's like a game of chess where you use your body to maximize all the movements on the board."

"Are you still talking about tag?" Emma asked. I chuckled. "Emma, I have to go. Remember, predict the enemies' plan and make an even better one." I said before running to the small clearing to start my training.

-----

"I'm not sure. My clothes..." "You look great Conny," I assured. "Yeah, they suit you perfectly," Emma added. "I'm glad. I'll keep giving it my best even after I leave the house. I'll be fine! After all, I've got Little Bernie with me... You know, Little Bernie is quite a unique one. There's only one of him in the world! He's a treasure that Mama made for me." I smiled, remembering the hairclip Mama gave me. I looked around and saw that some of the kids were starting to tear up. "I'm not that bright... and I'm not so amazing like you guys... but I want to become a mother just like Mama once I'm all grown up! And then I'll never let go of my kids." I teared up, knowing the fate that she will face once she goes through the gates. I felt sad that another one of my siblings had to die. And Conny was so sweet too. But sadly, I can't do anything yet.

Mama took Conny away. She had the same blue and gray aura surrounding her despite her smile. We all said our goodbyes before Conny left. I went and started cleaning up with the others.

"CONNY?! How could you?!" Emma shouted. I looked at her and saw her holding Little Bernie. Wait... If they return it now, they can finally know the secret of the orphanage. "Maybe you can still catch up to them," I suggested. "I mean... she already left," Gilda said. I frowned. "It's too early to say that. Just now I saw some lights turned on over at the gate through the bathroom window. Mama went to see Conny off and hasn't returned yet either. There's definitely a possibility that she still hasn't left yet." I smiled. Thank you so much, Ray!

"Let's bring it to her. Although it's probably better to ask Mama to send it to her later, it'd be best for Conny's sake if we hurry right?" Norman said to Emma. "Yep!" Emma said. I smiled. They went to the backdoor. I continued cleaning. After I finished cleaning, I heard a faint scream. They must have found out. They now know. I went to my room with the other kids and went to sleep. I'll deal with them tomorrow.

-𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕚-

They found out! Now the story will progress! Hope you like it.