ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

(Y/N)'s POV

"If there's rope to be found anywhere in this house, then it has to be in here," Norman said opening the door to the storage room. I looked around and observed the room. Dust seems to have piled up since it has been a long time since someone cleaned this room. Specks of dust can be seen floating through the light that seeped through the door. I looked around looking for rope or something that could be used as a rope since I doubt they have any here. My eyes landed on a tablecloth. It was dusty but it's usable. "Found it!" Norman said. He too was holding a tablecloth. I patted the dust away and wrapped it around my torso under my uniform to hide it. Emma and Norman did the same too. We walked out of the room, making sure to close it, and ran to the forest. We looked around for a tree hole and found one. We untied the tablecloths and bunched them together. I jumped up to a branch near the tree hole and signaled for Emma to throw the tablecloth. "Emma, throw it here!" she nodded and threw the bundle to me. I caught it and put it inside the tree hole. I jumped down from the branch.

"We've got our ropes!" Emma said. "Yeah! Now we can climb over the wall!" I added. "Okay, the hard part comes now," Norman said. I frowned at the thought. "Hey, Norman, Do you think it's about time we tell Ray?" Emma asked. I frowned even more. I'm not sure if we should trust Ray. It's just that he reacts weirdly. He may not show it on the outside but his aura says it all. During the adoptions, he would have a red aura surrounding him with tinges of blue. And there are times I see him talking with Mama and having the red aura again. And Mama leaves with a smirk looking smug. I don't know. I think he knows. I've suspected that for a long time. But I also think he's working with Mama. But I'm not really sure. I just decided not to voice out my thoughts. I don't wanna be the reason why they doubt each other. And besides, if we can plan openly with Ray, it would increase the chances of us escaping.

My train of thought stopped when I felt another presence near us. I looked around and saw Ray himself, reading a book while sitting on a rock. "Why? You can tell me right now," he said. Emma and Norman snapped their heads toward Ray. "Ray?!" Emma shouted, surprised at the sudden appearance of the other perfect scorer. I snorted at Emma's reaction. She really makes some of the funniest faces. "Sorry, I followed you guys all the way here." Huh. Well damn, he's good. I've become rusty. I need to stop letting my guard down if I'm gonna protect them all. "I've been itching all over with curiosity, and I'm fed up at this point. So I thought it was about time to just straight up ask." Ray said, standing up and closing the book he was holding. He walked to us and wrapped his arms around all three of us. "What happened at the gate?" Ray asked. I took his hand off and faced him raising my hands, walking backward lightly. "Don't ask me. They were the ones who went there. Interrogate them." Emma just looked at me like I sold her off. I just smiled at her and shrugged. I walked to the rock Ray was sitting on and sat there. "Don't mind me here. I also wanna know the specifics of what happened that night."

"It was clear as day that something was up from your expressions that night! To top it off, you came back empty-handed even though you said you didn't make it in time! You ain't gonna tell me nothing happened! Spit it out!" Ray said putting both of them in a chokehold. I laughed quietly at my spot. "You're sharp as ever," Norman commented. Well, he's not wrong. "Hey Ray, why don't you let them go. They can't tell you what happened if you choke them to death." I said chuckling lightly at the end. Ray did as told and released them. While Emma was trying to regain her breath, Norman faced Ray. "Could you... help us out?" he asked. "Sure," Ray said. I narrowed my eyes a bit. This just furthers my suspicion that he already knows. He would never agree to something without even knowing what the hell it's about. I just stayed silent. I don't wanna cause problems. And maybe just like Mama, he has his reasons. I'll just keep an eye out.

"Okay, we'll talk," Emma said. "All of us have to escape from this place," Norman said. He then proceeded to explain everything we know about the orphanage. I kept a close eye on how Ray would react, making sure to pay close attention to his aura. "Demons... a farm... Mama... is an enemy?" Ray clarified as if he could not believe it. I'll admit, if I couldn't see auras, I would've believed this... facade he put up. His acting is flawless. But sadly, his aura didn't match his expression. That just confirmed my suspicion that he knows. "Aren't we kinda screwed? Ahh. that's why the windows are all latticed." he said as if nothing was wrong. I take it back. If he wanted to be believable he should've kept that act a bit longer. I don't know if Emma caught on to this cause she trusts Ray so much but Norman will probably think something's not right.