ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

(Y/N)'s POV

I readied myself for the task at hand. The neatly folded clothe in my hands weighing heavily like the responsibility and pressure I feel to make sure we return successfully. As Emma knocked on the door, I readied myself and my eyesight. As we entered the room, my eyes landed on Carol.  I immediately went to work, starting with the babies near Carol. I made sure to change their clothes carefully so as not to hurt them. While changing, I tried to think of places where the tracker might be located to make my search easier. 

Thinking from the demon's point of view, it's probably safe to say that they wouldn't want to eat the trackers with us. So it's probably somewhere easy to remove, but a body part that's not so valuable. But where exactly?

After a short while, it was finally Carol's turn. "Do you need help (Y/N)?" Emma asked. I nodded. After changing Carol's clothes, I handed her to Emma. When I handed her to Emma, I saw a tiny bump behind Carol's ear. I poked Emma and when she turned, I point to my ear. Her eyes widened and she nodded.

"Both of you are really good with babies. Just look at Carol! You can tell she already likes you both." Gilda said out of nowhere. I looked up at her and smiled. "You're pretty good with babies too Gilda. You're very careful and delicate when handling them."

"Thanks (Y/N). But the both of you are naturals! You didn't have a single problem with changing them since they behave when you handle them. And look at Carol, she's already snuggling with Emma." I laughed lightly. I patted her shoulder. "Don't worry, Gilda. I'm sure Carol loves you too." 

She smiled at and I returned it. I continued changing the other babies. "Emma, I've... been wanting to ask you something." I looked back at Gilda. "That night, on that night w-... Huh? What's that? A bug bite?"

I looked at what Emma was doing. She was checking out the back of Carol's ear. "This is a needle mark... from the blood tests, doctors perform on us before we come here, to make sure that we're all healthy. I just remembered Mama saying that a long time ago."

My eyes widened. So the tracker really was in our ears. But it's much smaller than we anticipated. I can't feel it at all. I looked back at Gilda. I wonder what she was gonna ask Emma. Does she suspect that something's up? Well, she probably found something off already. Gilda is smart. Just like the rest of us. I just decided to ignore it since we'll probably tell soon.

-----

"Play time!" Emma shouted. "Hold on Emma, your collar is a bit crooked." Mama fixed Emma's collar. "Ah! I didn't notice." I just laughed lightly. "Now you go have fun." Emma smiled at Mama and kissed her cheek. She then ran away waving back at Mama. 

"(Y/N), your clip is coming loose." Mama pointed out. I gasped. "Since when?!" I hurriedly fixed it since I don't want it to get lost. I went up to Mama and kissed her cheek too. "Thanks, Mama. I'll go play now. Bye!" I then ran to where Emma went. "Emma! Wait for me!" 

Emma looked back at me and yelled, "Catch me if you can (Y/N)!" I huffed and ran after. As I passed Ray, he said a faint good job. I replied with thanks, continuing to run to Emma, making sure to not run too fast.

I arrived at where both Emma and Norman were. "Sorry for the wait. Let's go!" We then walked to the forest. A few moments later, Ray arrived. Both Emma and I then told them the location of the trackers.

"The ears, huh? It's true, I'd never have noticed if you didn't tell me. But you can definitely feel it there once you know where it is." Ray said, feeling his ear. I copied his actions and felt my ear too. True enough, I could feel a hard bump. Though it's small.

"This is also the first I hear about these 'blood test markings'," Norman said. Ray and I agreed. "Who would've thought that the scars were small enough to fade that quickly?"