Chapter 6 (Part 2) - The Ager

Michael. A voice said from a distance.

I didn't even get out of the school's driveway. When I heard someone calling my name. I stopped peddling my bike and dragged my feet against the ground so, that my bike could slow down and stop. I then turned around to see who was calling my name but, no one was there. That was strange, I swear I heard someone calling my name. Was I hallucinating? Nah, maybe it was just the wind.

I put my feet back on the peddles and started to peddle away again. I finally reached the end of the school's driveway and I stopped at the stop sign. I looked both ways and then rode down the crosswalk to the other side of the street.

The heat from the day was suffocating. It was like a fan straight to the face. I turned down Sixty-Fifth, towards Issacs's house, there was a red light. The light changed at Sixty-Fifth and Fifth and I headed downtown, then cross over to Central Park. I loved the park; it always brings back some good memories of me and Chico.

When I finally got to the park, I got off my bike and parked it in the bike racks. Next to the racks were rental bike lock stands. I put a quarter in the slot and a blue bike lock and code come out. I took the lock from of the stand and slapped it onto my bike, then put the code in my pocket.

At the park, there was lots of playground equipment. A red Jungle Gym, a yellow Slide, a set of Monkey Bars, and my favorite; the two sets of swings. I remember a couple of years ago, I and Chico used to play this game on the swings. The game went like this; I and Chico would pick a swing, to swing on and we would swing so high that we shock the whole swing set. And when we finally got high we would jump off. The person that went to the farthest won. I know it sounds like a stupid game. But, it was our game.

I loved being on the swings. I had so many memories here. I loved the adrenaline I get while swinging through the air, I loved the wind blowing through my silky brown hair. I just loved the swings.

Michael, I have been expecting you. A woman's voice moaned from behind me.

I never heard that voice before, I jumped off the swings and hitting the ground hard on my hands and knees.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" I yelled as I got off the ground and dusting myself off.

Michael turn around. The voice moaned louder.

I turned around slowly and all I saw was an old woman. I have never seen the old woman before. She had long black hair that covered the face, old wrinkly hands, and legs, big red eyes. She was wearing an old torn black dress with red splatters everywhere. The woman was quite thin. Hold on! Oh my god, I have got to be dreaming! She's the Ager! I realized.

"What do you want? Where's is Chico?" I yelled at the woman, as I backed away slowly.

"I want your soul. You see, I need your soul. Chico's soul made me young for a couple of weeks. But, you Michael. If I get your soul Michael, I can be young enough to get other children to steal their souls. I can't do that if I'm an old woman." The Ager sighed as she walked towards me, slowly.

"What are you, Monster? GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled while walking backward, faster

"I'm not a monster. I'm an Ager. Like I said before; I'm old now but, when I get a child's soul, I become a beautiful young woman. I age, from old to young. Young to old. And when a soul wears out I become this, an old woman." The Ager said now walking faster towards me.

"What the hell are you? Where is Chico?" I asked now reaching the jungle gym and climbing to the top.

"The same place where you're going to be. Soulless." She said while trying to climb up with me.

"LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND! BUT, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KILL ME!" I screamed while trying to fight back my tears.

I jumped down from the jungle gym and ran as fast as I could to my bike. My bike was still on the lock and rake. Where's the code? Where's the code? My pocket! I thought. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the lock code, it read 1298. I put in the code and tried to pull it off my bike. But it wouldn't budge, it was still locked.

Come here Michael, I want to talk to you. The Ager yelled from the top of the jungle gym and now climbing down.

Hurry up, hurry up! What did I do wrong? That's the code! I thought but then I realized it was upside down. I turned the paper around, and the code read 8651. I put in the code and pulled the lock off, I then got on my bike and flipped The Ager off while riding off.

I'm just glad that The Ager didn't kill me. But, I'm not happy about everything I found out. Especially that I found out that she stole Chico's soul.

- Hey guys! How did you like the new chapter? What did you like about finding out who the Ager is? What did you NOT like about the chapter? Any suggestions on what may happen next?

- Oh, I almost forgot! Don't forget to vote, comment, share this story! That you love, and happy reading!

- And if you see any mistakes please point them out! They really do mean a lot when yall point them out!