Chapter 15 - The Ager

When I left Shukni's house, I went straight home on my skateboard. The wind through my hair made me feel like a greaser from the movie Grease. I never thought of myself as a bad boy like Danny Zuko but, it was nice to take my mind off the depressing things in life.

On my way home, I count stop having a feeling like I was being watched. I kept looking back but, no one was there. I had goosebumps all down my arms and legs at the thought of Orthina or even Moxie stalking me from a distance. They always seemed to find me and terrorize me. What I was most afraid of was passing by their house... I had to pass by their house to get to my street and if they caught me... I don't know what they would do to me. Again.

"Hey, nerd." I heard a voice coming from within the trees of the house across the street.

"Wh-who's there?" I yelled to the tree.

"Shut up nerd. It's me." Jackson smirked while jumping down from the trees and landing in front of me.

"Why were you stalking me? You know, you could have a lot more friends if you weren't such a cunt." I proudly said while stepping off my skateboard.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY ?!" Jackson screamed.

"I said, you could have a lot more friends if you weren't such a cunt! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOU MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE, BEING A JERK, AND ALWAYS STARTING FIGHTS! WELL GUESS WHAT?!? I'M NOT TAKING ANY MORE OF YOUR CRAP! If you want to fight, THEN DO IT! If you want to call me names, THEN DO IT! But there's one thing you should know. I WILL BE FIGHTING BACK!" I said with the toughest voice I could make. I wanted him to respond, or even punch me in the face.

He never did respond. He didn't even laugh at me or call me a nerd. He just walked away. Did I just win? Is this what victory felt like? It felt good to not be a cowered-.

Not even a minute later Jackson cowardly left, I heard someone slow clapping. I saw... I saw China. She was recording the while fight with Jackson. I think she was expecting an actual fight, and to be honest, I was too.

"China, what the hell are you doing!" I playfully scream while riding over to her.

"I just saw David take down Goliath." She laughed whole showing me her phone.

She caught the whole conversation on camera with me and Jackson, down to every second. The video went viral and it hasn't even been ten minutes. Eight-teen views, Sixty-five views, Eighty-seven. I felt so proud of myself!

"How does it feel to be viral?" She asked while taking her phone back.

"Meh. Popularity was never my thing, and probably never will." I told her.

"Suit yourself but, if I was you. I would watch my back... At all times." She smirked while walking away.

"What do you mean by, Watch my back?" I yelled back to her.

"You know, he might try something again. So just to be safe, watch your back." She yelled back.

Great... I had to watch out for Orthina, Moxie, AND NOW Jackson! This day couldn't get any better...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the rest of the day, I got my school clothes ready and went straight to bed.

For those who are wondering: Cunt is a girl's private area... Or when someone really, REALLY dislikes you😭