Chapter 14 - The Ager

"Michael, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Now hand over the newspaper." Orthina growled.

"Who-Who are you?" Shukni asked while shivering in fear.

"Your worst nightmare! Now I'm not going to repeat myself again. Michael, hand over the newspaper." Orthina repeated.

"Why do you want my newspaper, so bad?" I continued. "Is there something about Moxie you are hiding from us?"

"Moxie?" Shukni asked.

"The missing person report is about a girl named Moxie. She must be hiding something about the girl if she wanted the newspaper so bad. " I announced while pointing at Orthina.

"Your right, maybe we should just give her the paper?" Shukni winked while pointing to the sports newspaper on the stack of boxes.

"Listen to the girl, Michael. Hand it over." Orthina hissed.

"TAKE IT!" I yelled. I reached behind me and grabbed the sports article and threw it at her.

"See, that wasn't so hard. Wasn't it?" She continued and turned to face Shukni, "I have a very good feeling that we are going to meet again. Very soon." Orthina smirked while walking upstairs and disappearing.

"I can't believe that just worked! We just tricked her!.." I yelled in relief.

"Wh-What did she mean by, we were going to meet again?" Shukni continued while biting her nails. "Who was that woman and what the hell is going on!?!?!"

"The woman is Orthina... She is a cannibal, aging woman. She kidnaps kids and well... Steals their souls to make her younger, and afterward, she eats their body parts..." I shivered.

"AN CANNIBAL WAS IN MY HOUSE?!" Shukni screamed. I put my hand over her mouth.

"Shhhhhh. No one knows this but, me and you. I don't want her coming back and stealing OUR souls. So, for now, just keep this our little secret." I told her while quieting her. She nodded yes and I released my hand from off her mouth.

"Do you remember the thing that grabbed my face while we were driving to the fair?" I asked her. She nodded yes.

"Well, the woman we just saw was supposedly the mother of the girl from the car. But I don't think that's true, I think Orthina did something to the little girl. And that's why she wanted this newspaper." I said while pulling out the newspaper.

"Hold on whose Orthina?" She asked.

"Orthina is the woman we just saw. She is a cannibal. Some call her The Ager." I told her... Once again.

"That's creepy... So, what about the little girl?" She asked.

"We can go somewhere... less creepy so, we can read about her," I said while looking around the basement.

"Agree, let's go to my room. It's upstairs." She suggested. I nodded yes.

When we got to her room, I flopped down on her bed and crawled to the wall side. Shukni sat at the edge of the bed and stretched back to where I was sitting. I pulled out the newspaper and sat it between us.

"SOOO. Are we going to just look at the paper or are we going to read it?" She impatiently asked.

I flipped back to the page I already started reading and found my place, then started reading. Moxie the six years old girl with coal-black hair, big brown eyes, thin body type, and the very playful little girl was reported missing Tuesday, May 18, 1998 while riding her bike to the park. Moxie would have never dreamed of talking to strangers. Her hobbies were playing soccer, riding her bike, and playing with dolls. We never got back to the parents.

"What kind of parents wouldn't comment back when their child is missing!? My father would have dropped dead if I went missing!" She hollered while looking away from the newspaper.

"Yeah, drop dead" I sighed. Whishing she never used the words dead and father in the same sentence.