TEN

The Girl on the Radio | Dream

Maybe Clay was getting attached way too quickly

Maybe Clay was getting attached way too quickly. Maybe he was making a mistake. Maybe he should step back.

But there she was. Laying in the grass beside him hearing him ramble about some of his future plans while his mom and two sisters had a dance party behind them.

Aurora loved to see Clay being passionate about anything. His eyes would shine, his hands would do little gestures, his smile would grow and sometimes his voice would get too loud but if she tapped him three time softly he would tone down and continue without feeling rejected. Half of the time she didn't even understand what he was talking about but she made sure to follow his thoughts and ask questions along the way.

She looked at him and saw a brilliant boy with the entire world at his feet, she had nothing to offer him and he still stayed by her side. There was something in him that made her feel special, safe, even... loved.

Clay loved to exist by Aurora's side. She was so real and bright that she almost felt perfect, but he knew she was far from perfect. He saw her imperfections and he wouldn't trade her for anything. She was girl that had enough strength to destroy the world but she hold it so delicately, guiding him thorough the tough parts and at the same time would suffer from things that were far beyond her control.

And that really scared both of them.

——

Aurora left in the middle of the evening, she wanted to run some errands and have dinner with her family.

"Are you going to call me later?" The girl asked from inside her car, the window was rolled down so they could say some last goodbyes.

"Of course I'm." He put his hand on the roof of the car leaning down. "You don't even need to ask that."

"I know, but it feels nice to hear you say. Makes my heart all bubbly." He could see the truthness in her eyes.

"Call you later. You don't have work today, we can even sleep call if you want."

"Okay, sounds good. Lunch tomorrow?"

"Denny's or Chinese food?" When they weren't eating at one of the parents or cooking at Aurora's apartment, they got an unhealthy amount of fast food.

"Actually can we get pasta? Spaghetti with butter, cheese and steak. With tomatoes on the side." Her eyes shined at the perspective.

"Sure. You buy the groceries, I cook. Now go, before Penny comes and drag you back inside."

"Okay-" She looked away and took a deep breath. "Promise you won't get weird out?"

"Unless you say to me you find Diego from Ice Age weirdly attractive, I promise that I'll be okay."