TWELVE

The Girl on The Radio | Dream

The rest of thanksgiving went as well as any holiday with your family can go

The rest of thanksgiving went as well as any holiday with your family can go. Someone ended up with their feelings hurt and Aurora, Damian, Beau and Philippa watched everything happen from a safe distance.

The week finally got to the end and the Thatcher Family had to go home.

It was always hard for Aurora say goodbye to Beau. Even from far away he was a important part of her. He didn't complete her because she was already whole, but their souls recognized home in each other. If soulmates really existed, Aurora knew for sure Beau was hers.

She loved Elizabeth and Philippa with all her heart but their goodbyes were quick. She saved Beau for last. As they got near each other she tackled him in a tight hug full of emotions and memories.

"I'm always a call or a 20 hour car trip away." She could hear his muffled voice because of the hug. "But I'll always be here."

"I'm not that strong without you." She held him even closer if it was possible.

"Well then it's time to learn." He stopped for a moment looking forward. "And I know you won't be alone. You found yourself some good friends. I'm proud of you." He let her go.

And once again he was leaving her. With his back turned and heavy steps he was gone and Aurora was alone again.

But before her tears could stream down her face she felt a hand on her shoulder. The same way Aurora's voice grounded him, his presence grounded her. He came with them for emotional support and he did well his job.

Maybe with Clay by her side she wouldn't be so alone.

—-

The weeding was this weekend and Aurora didn't had a dress. All her dresses were somewhat worn, one was ripped and other was too small.

So Clay decided to take her to buy a new dress. He planned to pay for her dress, not that he is telling her that. And to complete the group they would also take Penelope as moral support.

Clay's cousin had recommended them this store where they could find good dresses fit for a wedding. They thought that would be a normal sized store but when they arrived there they had a surprise, that place was huge, aisles and more aisles of dresses extending to infinity. They would spent a good time there.

Their lost face must be quite evident as a salesperson approached them with a comforting smile.

"Hello Sweethearts, I'm Eli and I'll be your helper today." They said. "For who are we looking for a dress today?"

Clay and Penelope pointed for Aurora, and she pointed for herself. To say that they were quite overwhelmed was an understatement. "I'm Clay, this is Penelope and this is Aurora. We are looking for a dress so she can be my plus one to my cousin's wedding."