FOURTEEN

The Girl in The Radio | Dream

"Sapnap is moving to Florida." Dream simply barges into her apartment without any previous messages but they always do that.

"Nice!" The girl turned her attention to the intruder. "Where is he staying?"

"With me." He flopped by her side. Philza's stream was playing on the TV and a bunch of work documents were open in her computer. And he could notice that she was simply doing none.

"How? In your half a room size apartment? Where is he going to sleep? In the trash?'' There is no way two grown ass man could fit in that match box.''

"First, rude."He said, bopping her nose and making her cross eyes."Second, the apartment is not that tiny. Third, We are renting a house and you are going looking up with me."

———

Two days later Aurora and Dream are right in front of a two story building that is probably going to be one story if no one does something really soon.

The real estate agent they got stuck with had a bright smile. A smile Aurora knew way too much, the same smile one of her Grandmas had when they were about to be Karen. 

"This is one of the best options for you." Kaythlyn Cornell said as she blinked condescending eyes.

Mama and Phil would be so disappointed with me if I ended up in prison because of her... But Tommy would laugh...

''Let's see it?'' Lady Horror clapped her hands and opened the door.

If the house was bad outside, inside was even worse. There was mold in the walls, holes in the ceiling, weird stains in the carpet and an awful smell like something died a long time ago.

''You see,'' Her condescending smile got worse all the time. ''The house might need a bit of care but it's certainly worthy.''

Dream was baffling. That was the worst house he ever saw and he went on abandoned houses when he was young. When he was about to mutter something, Aurora took control of the entire situation. He saw her putting her phone in her pocket. Weird, she always either puts it in her bag or gives it to him.

''Ms. Cornell, you are the proprietary right?'' Aurora held a mischievous glint in her eyes. Whatever was about to be fun.

''You can call me Kaythlyn.'' That seems to shake her a bit. ''No, I'm not, but I know the owner.''

''Right, so you must know a lot about the house.'' The pieces were falling in place. ''Ms. Cornuel. Is expected of us to reform and fix all the damage already existent in this house or you are?''

''Well, as your are living here, your should be the one to deal with the house right?'' The lady sent Dream a smile like she was asking him to agree with her. And for some reason those broken light bulbs were really interesting.

''So we need to pay rent, pay HOA Security, pay for furniture, pay all the bills and now add even all the fixing?'' Wait, he really would have to pay for all that?

''Yes. This is what tenants are supposed to do.'' What? That doesn't make sense.

''I see.'' Aurora had a plan, it was obvious at this point. ''Then before we continue you could answer a few questions for me.''

''I think we should see the house first.'' It was not even worth seeing the rest if the entry was like this.

''No. Ms. Corfel, now I need answers. Like, can we paint the walls any color we want? What happens if a fuse blows up? How frequent does pest control happen? Can the rent rise over time? There is any rules on pets? Is the neighborhood safe?''