10- Looks Like You're In Heaven

I woke up to the delightful sound of a new text message. Hoping that it was James, I got out of bed, opened up the curtains and let the sunshine brighten up my face and my room. Then, I checked my phone and felt a slight sadness as I saw that it was a text from Jayde. I knew I shouldn't have been sad because Jayde had texted me again and I missed her, I really did. She was my friend and I couldn't be sad that I was hoping for a guy to text me instead of Jayde. After all, sisters before misters.

J: qurl, how u been? update me on your bae yah? x missinq u here

Me: hey jayde! i've been pretty good lately and he's not my bae yet, calm down. we kinda went on a little hangout thing last night though haha. what have u done so far in florida?

J: what on earth is a little hanqout thinq? it's called a date, hun. ahem, excuse moii babe... it's only been like, what, 2 days and yah already went on a date? qurl, tomorrow yuh guys will be plannin your weddinq. take it easy ay, not too fast. and we've just been to beaches in florida but tomorrow we're qoinq to disney which should be fun hahahh. love yah, qotta qo byee xxoo

I didn't bother to reply as I pictured my friends hanging out at the beach and admiring the cute lifesavers and surfboarders. I was a tad jealous but how could I complain when I had James? I thought about what Jayde said and decided that there would be no more "dates", as she called it, until around next week. For now, we could just talk over the phone or something. Didn't distance make the heart grow fonder? What if James and I hung out together so much that we got tired of seeing each others' faces every single day?

It could happen, but there were ways to stop it such as the obvious, not hanging out too often.

Another text message popped up on my phone and this time it was James. I smiled at his name appearing on my screen. I swiped my finger across the screen to view the message.

James: How are you on this very fine day, Lauren? I hope you're doing well because I definitely am by watching the almost non-existent clouds move away. The sky is such a beautiful sight, hmm? I could spend my whole day just watching the clouds move. But I know I shouldn't. I have other things to do as well. Anyways, tell me about your day so far. We probably won't see each other today since I'm a little busy doing things for my dad. I'll definitely plan something for tomorrow or maybe the day after. Bye!

Why did he always have to say something about the sky? It was getting a little annoying but for now, I was liking how he remembered what I liked.

Me: I'm doing quite well today, thank you. Yes, you're right, the sky is beautiful. I don't know what I'm going to do today. I might just chill with my sisters and make a homemade Valencia Orange Refresher from Starbucks or something. I'll find something to do, haha! Hope you have a nice day. Byee !

I turned off my phone and got up from my bed to go on a mission to fix myself a nice, healthy breakfast. I pictured a mini fruit salad sitting on the mahogany-coloured dining table, waiting for me to devour it in a matter of seconds. My stomach grumbled with the thought of that and I hurried down the stairs to fix myself something before the rumbling got out of hand.

*

At around three p.m. I checked to see if I had the ingredients for a homemade Valencia Orange Refresher. I was craving the wonderful drink at the moment and it would be a crime to not make one if I had the ingredients for it. After raiding the fridge and pantry, I squealed in delight as I held up lemon iced tea in one hand and a carton of orange juice in the other. I knew that the orange juice was usually reserved for Lisa, but surely she wouldn't mind if I used it to make something even better? I took out the sugar, spoon and cup and began following the recipe that I had printed out.