2- Mean Girls 3

I woke up to the wonderful smell of pancakes being made from downstairs and the sunshine lighting up my room beautifully. This day had already started off well and I wondered whether or not it would stay as peaceful throughout the day.

I got up from bed and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower. I changed into my black and white striped top, plaid checkered skirt and tied a light blue jacket around my waist to make a fashion statement. I decided to leave my hair natural and only put on light mascara, then made my way downstairs to attack the pancakes and stop my stomach from making dying whale sounds.

"Good morning sunshines!" I sang as I sat down on the kitchen bench and took a bite out of one of the pancakes. The softness and delicious goodness that exploded in my mouth made me forget about everything in the world for a while. I was completely in a daze from the pancakes until someone lightly tapped me on the shoulder.

"What?" I turned around, only to see that no one was there. Another one of my little brothers' so-called pranks. "I know it was one of you guys, Christian, Nick and Joey! Own up before I come and find you!"

"Aahhhhh!" Nick screamed from behind me. I immediately turned around and frowned at him, trying to ignore the frantic beat of my heart. I hated it when people played pranks like this.

"Don't do that, please," I begged. I finished my second pancake and poured myself a glass of orange juice. "Lisa, can we go now?"

Lisa drove Dani and I to school every day and then we had to take the bus back home or get a ride from one of our friends, since Lisa had to work after dropping us off at school and no one else could pick us up. And... I did not have a drivers' licence.

"I'm coming, wait!" Lisa called out. For all I knew, she was probably straightening her hair or painting her nails. I waited for another three minutes before Lisa finally came downstairs, grabbing the car and house keys and opening the front door.

"Ah, such a glorious day, isn't it girls?" Lisa asked as she unlocked the car. I quickly rushed to the front seat, leaving Dani to sit in the back.

"Very glorious, except for the fact that Lauren stole my seat in the front!" Dani said as she crossed her arms and pouted at me. I smiled at her and opened the front seat mirror to make sure I didn't have any visible pimples or zits on my face. Once I was sure my face was almost perfectly clear, I closed the mirror and admired how the sun made everything outside look even more beautiful.

"Excited that it's your second last day?" Lisa asked as we stopped at a red light.

"Very," I replied.

"Extremely," Dani replied from the back.

"Hopefully we'll all have some fun this summer," Lisa said as she turned on the radio, just as Steal My Girl by One Direction came on. We all screamed and sang along like the crazy fangirls we were and just as the song finished, we were at school. "Okay, get out of my car now!"

"No Lisa, it's 'get out me car'!" Dani joked.

I sarcastically mumbled a 'thanks' to Lisa as I got out of the car and made my way to the benches where Shailene and my other two friends, Troian and Jayde, hung around.

"Good morning, girls," I smiled as I approached them.

"Hey, we were just talking about our plans for the summer. Jayde's mum has this beach side house in Florida and she's inviting all of us to go there for the summer. It would be so fun! Do you think you'd be allowed to come?" Troian asked. Already, my answer was "no". I didn't even need to ask my parents because, knowing them and their overprotective side of me, they wouldn't let me go anywhere that wasn't fully supervised by an adult. Jayde's mum wasn't fully classified as a responsible adult because of... well, some things that would rather be better off unexplained.