Chapter 38

*Blake’s POV*

                Wow. He actually admitted to Jimmy that he wanted help with how to get through to me. This surely wasn’t the Brian I first met in that club.

                I couldn’t stop looking at him. When he talked and tried focusing on driving at the same time he used one hand to help him talk while the other was on top of the steering wheel. His face was slightly turned in my direction and his warm brown eyes were planted on the road. As he finished his story I had to peel my eyes away from him.

                “So I guess that’s where everything started to change,” he finished.

                I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t think of anything to say in response to his story so I said the first thing that came to mind.

                I looked at him again and smiled lightly, “I love you.”

                As we pulled up to a red light he took his attention off of the road and looked at me back. He smiled big enough to show a little bit of his pearly white teeth. His eyes went from my eyes to my lips then back to my eyes. Then gently he leaned in and whispered “I love you” before lightly kissing me on the lips.

                “The baby is healing slowly but he is healing which is something,” Dr. Smith assured Brian and me. Brian nodded and held my hand. I stared at the screen capturing mine and Brian’s baby. Tears welled in my eyes but I kept them from falling. Not here. Not now. I thought to myself while gripping Brian’s soft hand.

                He gripped mine and rubbed his thumb over my hand comforting me.

                “You should be due next week so basically any day now,” Dr. Smith said interrupting the silence. I nodded then asked cautiously, “will he be okay?” Dr. Smith quit writing on his clipboard then took off his glasses and looked at me and Brian, “if he is on time then the birth should go smoother and he should make it, if not, I’m afraid there will be life-threatening complications.”

                Brian and I left the hospital hand in hand. I was a nervous wreck. I could feel Brian’s eyes on me he was getting frustrated. “Blake stop,” he commanded and quit walking. “What?” I asked. “Look you know how I feel about our baby but I want him to be okay and you stressing out about this and putting your body through this much stress can’t be good for him.” Brian lightly placed both of his hands on my shoulders. “We’ll get through this, I promise.” He looked at me straight in the eyes. I couldn’t say anything. I was scared if I opened my mouth, I’d start bawling. Brian understood this. He didn’t say anything else, instead he pulled me into a huge hug. His head was resting on my shoulder and I buried my face into his warm neck and cried.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS!

|Okay so my computer has been acting a little strange... I can see that I updated this story on my computer, but it doesn't say it on my phone. If you are reading this from your phone please let me know. It's confusing me and I want to know if other people are having the same problem.

Thanks for reading! That is a picture of Brian in th sidebar.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors, thanks again for reading. You guys are almost to the end, there's 3 more chapters. :'( Can't wait to see what y'all think!|