Chapter 31

Tonight was the night of the concert. I was almost seven months pregnant. Brian and I had gone to another doctor’s appointment, Dean was doing fine and was as healthy as could be. Brian was still not motivated to be a father at all and he avoided conversations about our baby. We still couldn’t figure out a name but we’d cross that bridge when we got to it.

                Brian had left the pent house around 12 to set up for the concert at 8. Apparently it had sold out. It was now 4. I went ahead and got ready, Paige and Tori would be here at 6. I put on one of Brian’s grey v-necks that helped hide my now large stomach and slid on a dark pair of jeans and my dark purple converse Brian bought me. My hair went into a side braid and I lightly put on grey and black make up.

                By the time I finished getting ready Paige texted me saying she was waiting for me.

                Tori was sitting in the back giving me the passenger seat. Thank God she did because my back was killing me and I needed anything that would help take the pain away.

                As we drove to the concert Paige told us how excited she always was to see them in concert. She loved watching Matt get the audience excited by talking to them or pulling a fan on stage. She explained how when the audience was on fire Matt was at his absolute best. She also spoke about how he’d make faces at her along with all the others.

“Oh by the way, do not talk to Jimmy before the concert, he’ll either get angry at you or ignore you. He gets into this concert mode and he becomes completely serious and gets into deep thought. Don’t disturb him just let him do his thing,” Paige warned Tori and me.

“Okay,” Tori and I said a bit confused but we agreed not to disturb Jimmy before the concert.

                Tori then talked about her and Johnny’s wedding and how this concert was a stress reliever for the both of them.

                “Do you and Brian plan on getting married?” Tori asked me suddenly.

                “What?” I asked shocked, “oh well, I don’t know. We just started getting along, I don’t know if I’m ready for commitment. In fact the thought kind of scares me. We can hardly talk about our son and choose a name for him, I don’t think we’ll be able to think about commitment to each other for a while.”

                “That makes sense,” Tori said.

                “I think you two are gonna get married sooner than you think,” Paige assured me.

                I thought about what she said then focused on the drive to the concert.

                Once we arrived Paige parked her dark blue mustang gt in the parking lot and we hurried inside.

                While we made our way to the doors that led to the Avenged Sevenfold dressing room I admired Paige and Tori’s outfits.

                Tori wore a gorgeous dark purple short dress that revealed her back with black wedges. She was short so she was used to wearing heels and could even do gymnastics in them. Her red hair was curled and pulled back into a ponytail. The small pink jellyfish tattoo could be seen in between her shoulder blades. Johnny had described how it was his favorite tattoo on her.

                Paige wore a black Pink Floyd v-neck with white shorts and her grey converse. Her brown hair was in a messy bun. I never knew she had a tattoo of a drawing on the back of her neck and it looked like it went down into her back area but with her hair being up it revealed the beginning of the unique tattoo.