|6| Exhaustion

I w a i z u m i 

     It took us about 4 hours to get to the building because of heavy traffic. There was no way we could escape it, or even weasel our way out of it. The thought of Tooru might being hurt keeps lingering in my mind. Never underestimate Daishou, that's what I learned. 

     Now standing in front of the Nohebi building. Anger keeps coursing through my veins like a river being interrupted constantly by rocks; making the water oh so aggressive. What on earth, has my life come to? Me caring about someone that I haven't even known for a long period of time. 

     "Let's go." Kuroo demands harshly, clearly agitated by standing in front of the doors to this torturous building. 

     He begins walking forward as I follow close behind. Nohebi employees lock eyes on us as we pass through the doors and around a few corners towards the elevator's. Stern, blunt, expressions playing on our faces to keep that intimidating aura.

     A minute passes once we enter the elevator and go up to the 13th floor, where Daishou lingers.

     Once we get up to the floor, I rush out of the elevator and push past people, not caring about the cursing they shoot at me. Walking down the long corridor, I make a turn and basically kick Daishou's door down, causing the sick in the head man to jump in his seat. Kuroo stands next to me.

     "Oh ho, so you've come to get your precious little Tooru, hmm?" Daishou smirks, closing the book he was reading and stands up. Placing his hands on his black desk, his smirk turns into a full on grin.

     "Stop playing games, snake. Where is he?" Kuroo nods his head upwards as if to prove that he's being dead serious. 

     "Don't be so rude, Kuroo. Hajime, you're a little later than I would have expected. The little servant you sent to me; I sent him.. away. In a sense." Oh don't remind me.. 

     I scoff, not bothering to respond to his stupidity. I just need to know where Tooru is. The door opens behind us, grabbing all of our attention. Daishou's wife, Mika, stood there with a pleading look directed to her husband. Everyone knows Daishou's weakness, and it's her. 

     He listens to whatever she says, and almost never really puts aside her worry, concern, and sadness. Daishou sighs and sits back in his chair.

     "Mika, take Hajime to Tooru.. Kuroo, stay here please."

     With no hesitation I turn on my heel and follow the brunette through the building. The silence is tense, before she speaks quietly. 

     "Honestly.. I don't like what Daishou does. I stand by, watching the people who dare disturb him or disobey him.. get hurt, and do nothing." Her voice sounds so scared and trapped. I never expected that from her.

     "But he listens to you."

     "Maybe so, but sometimes he just.. doesn't. It's like he's jealous of everyone around him, and wants to take something that they love dearly. Obviously.. he wouldn't have taken this man if he knew you didn't care for him."

     "He's crazy. No offense."

     "Heh, none taken. But, I still love him. No matter how hard I try, I'll continue going to him for comfort. Behind that domineering persona, he really does care about the ones he loves."

     It's hard for me to believe he's a gentle man when he's alone. A few more moments pass before Mika opens a door, using two different keys to open two locks to a door. My heart skips a few beats, eager to see Tooru.

     She swings the door open, steps inside, and flips on the light. A brunette sleeping in a chair with his head laying on his arms on a table. No visible wounds.

     I slowly walk over and kneel down, tracing my thumb over his face. His eyes flutter open, slowly adjusting to the bright recessed lighting in the ceiling. 

     "Tooru.. are you okay...? are you hurt..?" I ask worriedly. The inner corners of my eyebrows tilted upwards. 

     "Hmmmmm? M-Mr. Iwaizumi.." Tooru's eyes widen as he quickly sits up and gulps slightly, looking at me. I can't help the smile forming on my face, seeing slight blush creeping up his neck. 

     "How did you get here?" I ask, before standing up and lifting Tooru up; swinging his arm around my neck, and placing my right arm around his waist. His entire body is so light and frail. Does he even eat properly?

     "Hmnn.. I was walking home after I got off the bus.. and I think I got hit in the head? Because I don't remember much after that. Um.. what day is it..?" 

     Why does my heart feel like it's getting repeatedly punched, just by hearing Tooru's voice? It sounds so.. dead and lifeless in a way. I sigh, not bothering to respond to him, which leaves him confused.

     Looking at Mika with a relaxed monotone expression, she nods as a your welcome. With that, I walk out the door with Tooru next to me. Kuroo appears in the hallway after we turn the corner. Huh, he looks pretty pissed off. I don't really expect much because Daishou pisses everyone off.

     "Kuroo, can you call an Uber for me please?" I ask softly, glancing at Tooru quickly; scanning over his facial features. He looks like he's going to pass out. The rooster head nods and begins walking slowly beside me, pulling out his phone and sending an Uber to this location. 

     I sit down on a bench outside the front sliding doors, under a balcony looking thing, with a round-about drop-off and pick-up area. "I'm going to get going. Apparently Kenma is freaking out a little bit.. I'll talk to you soon, Hajime."

     "Alright, drive safe, Kuroo. Everyone knows how badly you want to race down the street with that hypercar of yours." I chuckle as the man turns around and begins walking backwards with a smug grin on his face.

     With a sigh, I glance down to my right shoulder where Tooru lays his head. His hair lightly being swept away from his face from the wind that blows through the city.

     A storm is brewing, and I can tell that it's going to be bad.

-----

A/N: Things should start getting interesting soon enough, just bear with me.

Please remember to,

Comment

&

Vote

Word Count: 1072