|21| You're safe now

I hope you guys don't mind me speeding this up a bit. I want to finish this story and Ignite as soon as possible. I'm so overwhelmed, not because of these stories, but because I have more ship fanfics I want to write about. But I will try to get these finished first! Just bear with me. 

I w a i z u m i

     "We need to hurry because he only has a few hours left if he's not put in a hospital soon." I say worriedly, holding onto a piece of paper that has all the information on the place we're going to. Groaning, I throw my head back against the headrest of the passenger seat of the car. Kiyoomi is driving, and he's just as impatient as I am. Which is bad. Very bad.

     "Yeah yeah." He mutters, focusing on the two black undercover police cruisers in front of us. We're going to the meet-up point and then we'll charge in after everyone is out. Daishou is still at his office, and officers are already going to take him in. 

     I'm so nervous about Tooru. He's probably suffering right about now. 

     ..I heard something about Mika being threatened to do this; not letting them out. If I remember correctly, they said she has a little sister. And I'm guessing Daishou lost his mind and threatened to kill her. That man is fucked up in the head.

     After about another few minutes of driving, we reach the bar. Kiyoomi turns off the car and steps out as I do the same. I correct my suit and grab my pistol, putting it behind my back. Looking around, the sky is turning a soft grey from the clouds that are coming in. 

     Lights are starting to turn on, which makes the clouds appear darker than they really are. I'm glad there's something I enjoy that's keeping me calm. Rain always makes me feel better. Although, I'm not entirely sure why.

     "Okay, everyone's evacuated." The chief states loud enough for all of us to hear. Kiyoomi and I perk up at the sound of sudden sirens, indicating that swat is nearing. I walk up to the chief with Kiyo and stare at him. 

     "Look, I- I get it that you're eager to get them out of there. But unless Daishou orders his men to stand down, we can't go storming in there. They already know we're here, so calm down. The fire department is on it's way as well." He says before turning around and making a hand signal to other units to block the roads. 

     Hesitantly, I grab onto Kiyoomi's sleeve and drag him over to a black Chevrolet Suburban. The blue and red lights flashing subtly through the windshield. 

     "You're going to get grey hair if you keep scowling like that." I deadpan, looking at Kiyoomi with a judgmental looks. He looks at me before turning away, only to whip his attention back to me and flinch back a little.

     "Why so surprised?" I ask, starting to laugh at what he just did. The only reason I'm doing this is because he's probably stressing more than me right now, believe it or not. It's not unheard of that he blacks out from overwhelming stress that drops down on him unexpectedly. 

     "I'm just.. why did you- Why did you just- Joke?" He asks, completely bewildered. He's acting like he hasn't seen me this way before.

     ...

     Okay, he hasn't.

     "Because idiot, you're going to black out again. I know you're stressed, I am too, but you really need to calm down." I state sternly, trying not to lose my composure. Just thinking about Tooru is fucking with my head and way of thinking. 

     "Fine." Kiyoomi says simply, leaning against the hood of the SUV. The chief speaks again, indicating for the swat team to barge inside the building. I let out an irritated sigh, knowing that I have to stay back. 

     I watch as they break down the door with shields in front of them. Shots are fired, which causes alarm for the rest of us. Multiple people in black suits are kicked outside the building, who are being held at gunpoint by police officers. Once they have them detained, more of them get kicked out the building, some of them with injuries.

     After a long painful five minutes, the fire fighters and paramedics go in. The chief of police lock eyes with us before nodding. With that, Kiyoomi and I hightail it inside, following the paramedics impatiently.

     Once reaching the doorway, they move out of the way to get a kit set up. Atsumu flies into Kiyoomi's arms crying loudly. I kneel down and cup Tooru's tired face. He smiles weakly at me, slowly nuzzling against my hand. 

     "You're okay.. Y-You're okay Tooru.. just stay with us. Stay with me.." I mumble loud enough for him to hear. A small tear trickles down his face as I look over his body. There's dried blood everywhere, what did they do to him?

     "Sir, we're going to need you to stand back." One of the paramedics says politely, but urgency in his voice. I nod, standing up and backing away. They kneel down and start hooking Tooru up to some small devices. 

     After a few moments, they start to panic, which causes alarm for me, Kiyoomi, and Atsumu. "He's going into cardiac arrest!" One of them shouts, quickly but carefully lay him on his back before lifting him up onto a stretcher. 

     "W-What's wrong with him?!" I ask nervously, beginning to panic a bit. That's a lie, I'm having a panic attack. One of the firefighters presses his hand on my chest to keep me from walking towards Tooru who's hurriedly being taken away by paramedics. 

     "If you wish, you can stay in the back of the ambulance. But you need to let the paramedics do what they need to do to ensure his survival." He states sternly before letting me go. Rushing after him, I climb into the back of the ambulance as it starts to pour outside.

     The paramedic that stays in the back, hooks Tooru up to a blood pressure machine and connects him to a heart monitor while gently trying to gain Tooru's attention by tapping his face. "Hey, stay awake." She says, snapping her fingers in front of his face. "You can't go to sleep, I know you're tired, but stay awake for me, okay?"

     Tooru opens his eyes, his face going slightly pale. "I-Iwa.." He mumbles, making my heart flutter. Quickly I lean forward and grab his hand, squeezing it as the ambulance sirens turn on and we start heading for the hospital. 

     "Hey.. T-Tooru.. you need to stay awake." I mutter, tears falling down my face. My chest tightens. He better not die, he better not fucking die on me. 

     "But.. Iwa.... I-I'm tired.." He says weakly, beginning to close his eyes again. In alarm, the paramedic snaps her fingers over his face again, gaining his attention. She looks at the heart monitor as it starts to beat slower.

     "Heart rate is slowing!" She shouts to the driver. My heart drops at this new information. 

     Please.. hang in there..

-----

A/N: AHA! I DID IT! EAT THAT WRITER'S BLOCK!! Seriously, I was feeling so nervous that I might not even get a chapter done. I think I started this chapter almost 30 minutes ago. Good writing for that amount of time honestly 😂

Comment

&

Vote

Word Count: 1255