Chapter 9

Yes your eyes are not deceiving you this is an update. I hope you enjoy. 

"Papa! Daddy! Help!" Thomas ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. He could hear the sound of pounding paws behind him. He didn't dare look back, but he was pretty sure it was more than one wolf chasing him. The sound of snapping jaws and snarls pushed Thomas to run faster, but he couldn't run fast enough. It wasn't long before Thomas found himself face first in the dirt with a crushing weight on his back. The air was knocked from his lungs and he was sent spluttering for air. It was near impossible to get a breath in with the large wolf on his back snarling down at him. Saliva dripped from its mouth onto his neck.

"Get off him dumbass before he suffocates." Thomas heard someone growl, as the edges of his vision began to blur. The voice received a growl from the wolf above Thomas, but finally the oppressive weight was removed. Thomas inhaled sharply, he drank in the oxygen grateful for the relief it gave.

"You're lucky you didn't kill him slamming him to the ground like that!" Thomas realized it was a woman speaking.

"Shut it bitch, he is fine." A new voice growled. "I'm not an idiot. I know what I am doing."

"That's debatable." The girl mumbled under her breath.

Thomas had regained his breath enough that he was able to push himself into a sitting position. He looked to the voices and saw a man and woman bickering.

The woman had extremely long greasy black hair. It reached down to her thighs and was a ratted mess. Her skin was so pale she looked sickly. Her cheeks were hallow and her ribs looked like they were poking through her shirt. Her eyes were a dull red color.

The man was short, even shorter than the woman. He had to look up to her which only seemed to annoy him more. He had some muscle, but was also very thin. He had matted sandy brown hair. With a smattering of freckles on his face. Thomas thought that he almost looked like Patton, but he definitely didn't sound like Pat and his eyes were also a dull red color.

"You whore! If you are gonna to say something say it to my face!" He practically screamed.

"One, just because I could get a date and you can't doesn't make me a whore. It just makes you a loser. Two, I would say it to your face, but I am afraid I would get a crick in my neck looking down at you." She said picking at her nails like she was bored by his existence.

The man's face was beet red at this point and looked ready to explode.

"Why you little!"

"Oh, little? Are we talking about you some more?"

Thomas realized that they were too busy arguing to notice him, and he had finally fully recovered the air that had been knocked out of him. He quietly got to his feet and was slowly backing away when a strong hand suddenly was placed on his shoulder. Thomas fraze in his tracks before looking up to see yet another man that he didn't know. This one was different. His hair looked clean and brushed. I was a milk chocolate brown and gently swooshed in front of his right eye. It looked soft and fluffy. He had a small bit of stubble on his face and looked to be around the same age as Thomas's parents. His eyes were also a milk chocolate brown to match his hair. Thomas was close enough to see that there was a honey colored starburst shape around his irises. The man smiled gently and placed a finger to his lips. Telling the little boy to stay quiet. He picked up the boy and held him gently in his arms and held him gently in his arms resting him on his hip. The man walked up to the two bickering.

"Skinny ass bitch!" The man yelled.

"You're the reason that god created the middle finger!" She yelled flipping him off.

In a whisper the man leaned down and spoke to Thomas "Believe or not those two are siblings." He said with a chuckle. Thomas stiffened. If he was with them that means that he wasn't as safe as he thought he was. When he looked into the man's eyes his stomach dropped. Any warmth that had been there suddenly drained from them as he watched the other two argue. Still in a whisper he said, "Despite there arguing they actually love each other like siblings should. I'll prove it, watch."

"Serena, Samuel!" The man barked suddenly, making Thomas jump and the other two freeze. The smile the man held on his face stayed there but it was cold and didn't reach his eyes. "Can either of you explain why this little guy was about five seconds away from escaping you two? I can understand Rin's failure, he was careless and enraged a very powerful mother wolf, but you two about let him walk away."

"Wait, I can explain." Samuel started but was quickly silenced by a scream from Serena. The man had her throat in his free hand that wasn't holding Thomas. Serena struggled to breath her hands gripping at the one on her throat. The man raised her off the ground, her legs dangling, her face turning red as her eyes bulged from her head. Thomas whimpered and buried his face in the man's neck so he couldn't see. "Stop it! Stop! Stop!" The small boy whined.

Samuel stood frozen in horror as his sister flailed. The man looked at the shaking boy in his arms and shrugged before dropping her. She landed with a thud. Samuel rushed to her side. She was unconscious but not dead.

"Careful Sam, people would almost think you cared for your sister." The man started walking away. In the opposite direction of Thomas's home. "Don't act so idiotically again, or I might not be so kind."

"Yes sir, sorry Eric." 

And that's it. I am sorry its not much after such a long wait. I am taking suggestions on what you guys want to see in this story. I know what direction I want to take with this story but I am hoping some suggestions will be inspiring.