Chapter 2

The common room bustled with the small pack, each member anxious to get back to their daily lives, Logan sat at the side of Roman and Virgil, the monthly meeting normally was much more light hearted, but today was different, the air in the room was thick with tension. 

Roman stood up, and addressed the whole of the pack, excluding the Zalea and Ash who were watching over Thomas and Lylah “So now that everyone is here, I believe it’s time we start. Logan, you wanted to address a matter correct?” 

Logan stood up, and looked around the room, making sure he had everyone's attention, “ In the last few days, we've scented rouges near the pack border, none have crossed, but it seems to be a fairly large group”

Everyone in the room began to murmur, this was extremely concerning news considering the fact that they had heard that the rogues had started to work together. Not even a few years prior it was unheard of they were too unstable to work as a unit. Something had changed. However, they had never dared get close to their borders before.

“We’ve done sweeps of the territory multiple times, However, neither Patton or I have seen any, only smelled.”

“It almost sounds like they are just passing through, I don’t know if it's worth getting in a tizzy about just yet. Let’s not start a fight if we can avoid it.” Roman sighed “Keep an eye out, but I feel like intentionally going after them would just be looking for trouble.”

“Hold on a minute!” Virgil shouted and stood up from his chair, startling everyone in the room, and glared at Roman. “What if these rouges are after our pups?” We need to drive them away from our territory as fast as we can!” 

“Virgil don’t be ridiculous. They have yet to cross our borders. We can't do anything unless they are directly causing us harm.” Roman stated, 

“Rogues are dangerous, there is a reason they don't have packs, and now suddenly they are starting to congregate, and are near our borders. They don't care about rules. They just want to do whatever they please. There is no promise that they won't try to hurt one of our own, or even go after our pups!”

Roman, glanced at Molly, his eyes clearly asking for help. Molly raised her hands and made a face that said ‘this is all you buddy’ Roman huffed and looked around the common room, everyone was used to Virgil being a helicopter parent, so everyone had the same look of apathy in their eyes. 

Roman gently grabbed onto Virgil's arm, Virgil spun around and glared at him for a second “Virgil, I understand you’re worried, but why on earth would a pack of rogues want to kidnap children? It seems like more of a hassle on their part.” He said jokingly, adding a slight chuckle, in an attempt to cool down his mate. 

“We don't know that Roman! That's why we need to drive them out!” 

Roman sighed again, with more frustration, “We’ll keep a close eye on the pups Virgil. I promise, but I really think you're worried about nothing.” Roman lowered his voice slightly. “Stormcloud we talked about this you are overdoing it again.”

Virgil ripped his arm from Romans gentil grasp, and glared at him, his eyes glowing an intense purple. Roman blinked in surprise before his eyes started glowing a faint red and his lips curled slightly in anger. 

“I’m not over doing it! I’m not worried over nothing! Maybe none of you are worried enough! What if they were exiled because they got rejected and went crazy? Or what if-”

Virgil was cut off by Romans unusually cold voice. “Virgil shut up! You are being absolutely ridiculous! All these stupid ‘what if’s’! They aren’t going to happen! You are just being Paranoid!” Roman yelled, before immediately slamming a hand over his mouth. He had not meant that in the slightest, it just came out before he could stop it. 

Virgil staggered back, a small whimper coming from him. Virgil looked around the common room to see all the stunned faces staring back at him, none of them could meet his gaze. Virgil swallowed hard against the lum that was forming in his throat. He refused to show weakness in front of his pack. He quickly exited the room. Mumbling “Meetings over.” As he went.

“Virgil wait-”

Before Roman got the chance to explain himself Virgil had already slammed the door to his bedroom. 

Roman looked at his pack mates, they all looked down, and pretended to not be severely uncomfortable, everyone knew to not  get in between alphas when they were fighting.

Roman sighed “You heard him… meeting dismissed” is all he said. Everyone dispersed going to do other things, only Patton and Logan remained. They both gave Roman a concerned look. 

“Roman-” Patton said cautiously.

“I know, I know, I messed up.”

All three were silent.

“I'll… go talk to him…” is all roman said before leaving the room, Logan and Patton looked at him with worry as he left.

________

Roman knocked on their door, and got no response. He opened the door slowly, to see Virgil huddled under the blankets, on his side of the bed.

“That was uncalled for.” Virgil’s Voice said from the pile of blankets.

“I know... I’m sorry, but you have to understand. You are overdoing it!”

Virgil flipped the blankets off of himself and glared at Roman “So invalidating my opinion in front of the entire pack was the right way to go?”

“That wasn't what I was trying to do.”

“Well that’s what happened.”

Roman rubbed his temples in frustration, and looked at his mate through the covers.

“I understand you're worried… but this isn't just a today problem, you're constantly cutting him off from doing things he wants to because you're worried about him, how do you think Thomas will feel if you're constantly hovering over him? He won’t have any freedom, and he might resent you when he is older.”

“I need to keep him safe…” is all Virgil could muster, through light tears that had started to fall.

Author Note: Hey just a couple things

1. Big thanks to calictico for helping me figure out how I wanted this chapter to flow, and thank you to StitchedIvy for proof reading to make sure it wasn't trash!

2. I am working this summer build a house so updates are gonna be slow. I am hopeing for at least one a week.

3. Lastely I didn't mention this before cause I forgot everyone keeps asking me if they are naked when they change from wolf to human... Logically they probably should be... but I don't like that so from now on MAGIC  they have clothes when they shift back to human.

PS some one help my room is infested with misquitos and it is driving me crazy!