Chapter 5

Virgil stared at himself in the mirror looking himself up and down. He applied a little more eyeshadow and then tilted his head to the side slightly inspecting the job he had done. He let out a loud sigh before flopping down into a light blue swivel chair. 

    “I don’t know Pat… are you sure this is a good idea.” Virgil said as he glanced at his friend who was sitting on his powder blue bed. 

    A soft smile came to Patton’s face as he stood up and walked over to his friend. “Virgil the whole pack thinks it's a good idea.” 

    “But Roman and I haven’t been on a date since… Well since we got Thomas. I just don’t know…” Virgil said wringing his hands together anxiously, his eyes down cast towards the floor.

Patton turned Virgil’s chair around so he was facing him and knelt down to be eye level with him. “That’s exactly why you need to do this. You two need to spend time together just the two of you. You both have been so stressed you need to just go have fun!” 

“Roman and I spend time together.” Virgil stated defensively. 

“To either work, sleep, or argue. You two need this.” Patton stated calmly.

“But Thomas…” 

“Will be fine,” Patton said gently interrupting Virgil. “He is gonna spend the evening playing games with Molly, Lyla and Dane. He’ll have a blast.” 

Virgil nodded rubbing his eyes anxiously, “Yeah, yeah you are right.” he stated with a sigh. 

“Great now that that’s settled let me fix the makeup you just smudged the heck out of.” Patton said with a small giggle. 

Virgil looked at his hands and saw that they were covered in eyeshadow. “Oops.”   

________

“You and Papa going out?”  Thomas said sitting on Roman’s lap in the living room. 

“That’s the plan.” Roman said smiling at his son.

“You and Papa are gonna fight more about me?” Thomas said looking down at his tiny hands. 

Roman’s smile fell immediately. Were they really that bad? “No buddy, we are going out to have fun.” 

“Well if it’s fun then why can’t I come?” Thomas asked curiously.

Roman pondered a way to fraise it so that it would appease his son, “It's grown up fun you would find it totally boring” 

“Did someone say ‘grown up fun’?” Remus said poking his head into the room. “Oh darn the kid is here dang nevermind.” And just as quickly as he appeared he was gone. 

    Thomas turned his head back to his dad in confusion. “I thought you said it was boring, but Uncle Remus seemed excited.” 

    “Just ignore your uncle, that's what I do.” Roman said jokingly. He lifted his son off his lap and set him down when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Patton was down first and Roman smiled. “Is he ready to go?” 

    Patton nodded and turned to look at Virgil. Roman melted looking at his mate. He was wearing casual enough clothes, but his hair was freshly died to bring out his purple highlights that matched his purple tennis shoes and Patton had done his makeup to perfection. Virgil was standing there almost looking shy. Roman couldn’t remember the last time he just stop taking in his mates looks.

    “What? Is something wrong?” Virgil said looking himself up and down trying to find what Roman was staring at. 

    “No, I'm just admiring my amazing mate.” Roman said, grabbing Virgil by the waist and pulling him in kissing him. Virgil blushed and pulled away before burying his face in Roman's chest.