Chapter 6

After Lyla had drug Thomas from the room with his dads the two of them set to work. They carefully crafted the most amazing blanket pillow fort the world had ever seen. With only a “little” help from Molly and Dane. It was huge the entire pack had chipped in pillows and blankets from their own room to make it possible. Thomas and Dane worked together carefully to hang up the many blankets on top chairs and some boxes they had around the pack house. Before long they had the entire living room have a second ceiling that was entirely blankets. Molly and Lyla worked diligently to make the floor as comfortable as possible organizing the pillows in all the right places and when they were done with that they got to work putting up fairy lights all around their new creation. When it was complete the two children were very proud of their fort that even adults would envy. 

Now it was time for the games to begin. They played all sorts of games, from twister to charades, to jenga. The two kids were having a blast and truth be told the two adults weren’t having too bad a time either. That was probably cause they were both basically grown up children, but shhh don’t tell them that. 

They were playing monopoly when Molly noticed something fishy going on. “Lyla where did all your money go?”

“What do you mean mama?” She said smiling brightly before giggling.

“I mean you had a lot more money than that.” Thomas giggled this time. 

“I have no idea what you are talking about mama I have the same amount I have had the whole game!” She said as innocently as possible. 

“You two have been hanging out with Cassidy haven’t you.” Molly said with a sigh.

Thomas and  Lyla glanced at each other, “Nooooo!!!” They said before giggling again. 

“Lyla where is your money?” 

“I infested in a friend.” Lyla stated proudly. 

Molly and Dane both had to stifle a laugh. They were impressed though. She was so close. 

“No sweetie, you invested in a friend.” Dane explained. 

“Right that!” She said nodding her head vigorously. 

“So you gave Thomas your money?” 
“Mhmm!” 

“Why?” 

“Easy!” Lyla said confidently. “Thomas is way better at this game than I am, so if I give him my money he knows how to better use it! Then if he wins it’s like we both do because we both worked together. Plus I want my best friend to win cause I won our last game!” 

Molly and Dane both had their mouths agape in surprise. Their six year old had such sound logic it astounded them.  

“That’s not really how the game works though…” Dane said, trying to play by the rules.

“That’s how it works for me. Thomas and I are a team and I will always be by his side so we can win the game!” Lyla stated firmly.

“Yeah!”  Thomas nodded eagerly. 

“Are you sure you two are only six years old?” Molly asked.

“Huh?” Lyla questioned.

Molly rolled her eyes and laughed, “Nevermind let's just finish the game.”

_______

Once they finished the game they got set up to watch some movies on Molly’s laptop with lots of buttery popcorn. The first movie on the list was Aladdin, Thomas’s favorite. They watched the movie Thomas singing all the lyrics perfectly. Lyla was trying her best but not having all the world memorized. They killed it during their whole new world duet though. The movie up after that was Tangled Lyla’s favorite. She loved to dance along with Flynn and Repunzle when they were in the town square of Corona. After that movie the kids were both getting tired and started to settle down more in the fort, but they were both adamant on wanting to stay up longer, so Molly put on one of her favorite cartoons, Rise of the Guardians. The kids both thoroughly enjoyed it. 

“I believe in Jack! Do you think I’ll get to see him too?” Thomas asked with big hopeful eyes. 

“Me too! I believe too! I wanna see him.”  Lyla agreed. 

“I don’t know he doesn’t come around here very often, and he isn’t supposed to be seen just like the others.” Molly said with a smile. Dane laughed and wrapped his arm around Molly pressing a kiss in her hair. 

“Oh.. well I guess that makes sense!” Thomas said nodding in agreement. He supposed it wouldn’t be fair if Jack Frost showed himself to others when the other people didn’t get to. 

Lyla let out a big yawn and rested her head on Thomas’s shoulder. 

“Is it time for bed you think kiddos?” Molly asked gently.

“Nooo!” They both whined. 

“I wanna wait up for my dads!” Thomas stated. 

Dane and Molly looked at each other and sighed. “Why don’t you two wait in your fort and then when they get her you go to bed yeah?” Thomas and Lyla nodded and got more comfortable in their fort and Molly and Dane got out. They wouldn’t leave until the two had fallen asleep despite their best efforts then Molly and Dane both went to bed themselves. 

_______

A little while later, Roman and Virgil came back in walking through the house quietly. Unfortunately, not quite enough for Thomas. Lyla who was a super heavy sleeper was dead asleep when Thomas crawled over to the entrance of their blanket fort. 

“Daddy? Papa? Your home?” He said half asleep but still excited. 

“ Heya kid, yeah we’re home.” Roman said softly. 

“Yay!” Thomas mumbled. “No fighting?” He questioned. 

“No fighting.” Virgil assured and glanced at his mate. What they had been doing was far from fighting. “Why don’t you crawl back in there with Lyla and go back to sleep. Okay starlight?” 

Thomas nodded with half lidded eyes and crawled back over to Lyla wrapping his arms around her and quickly falling back asleep. 

“Come on love. We need some sleep too.” Roman said grabbing Virgil and taking them both to their room to rest until morning.