Chapter 11

At some point the gentle swaying of Eric’s steps lulled Thomas asleep despite his fear. It was Thomas’s second all nighter in the past few days, and all that running had worn him out. 
When Thomas awoke he was in a roo. It was all concrete with some pillars around to support the ceiling. The walls were spray painted with graffiti. It was filthy with oil stains splattered across the floor. The only nice thing in the whole room was the bed Thomas had found himself lying on. It was brand new with little stars seckled on the sheets. 

Thomas was scared and wasn’t sure what he should do. He got up and walked to the door. The doorknob was slightly rusted. Thomas tried to turn it but it didn’t budge. He walked around the barren room looking for a way out. There was nothing. No windows, not large vents he could escape through like he had seen people do on TV. Nothing. Giving up Thomas crawled up into the bed. He curled in on himself and started to cry. He didn’t know where he was, his dads weren’t with him, Lyla was gone. He was alone and he was scared. Sobs wracked his small body as he panicked.

The feeling of an arm around his shoulder pulling him in startled him. His head jerked up to see who was holding him, but there wasn’t anyone there. 

“What just...” Before Thomas could finish his thought he heard the door click as it was unlocked. He quickly hid on the far side of the bed that was away from the door. It was a mistake though because he landed with a bit of a thud on his knee shooting pain through his body causing him to whimper.

Whoever was coming in made a sound that was both a sigh and a laugh. They made their way over to the side of the bed that Thomas was “hiding.” They found the poor boy clutching his leg with gritted teeth. 

“Hey little buddy, you okay?” Thomas opened his eyes and saw the man who had taken him from his home. If he remembered correctly his name was Eric he looked nice right now but the image of him holding tightly to Serena’s neck made Thomas very scared. Thomas pushed himself as he could from the man before his back hit the wall.

Eric just watched as the little boy tried to put distance between the two of them, he gave the boy a sad smile. When Thomas refused to speak, Eric grabbed the plate he had set down on the bed before he had walked around it. On it was some eggs, baco, and toast smeared with Jelly. He set it down in front of the boy who was watching him with cautious eyes.

“Are you hungry?” Eric asked gently. Thomas stared at the food for a minute before looking back at Eric suspiciously. “It’s safe I promise. See?” Eric grabbed a piece of bacon and popped it in his mouth smiling. Convinced Thomas gabbed the food and began to eat. “What’s your name kid?” Without thinking and a mouthful of food he mumbled out. “Thomas.” 

“Ah! You can speak! You had me worried there Thomas.” Eric said jokingly. Thomas was not amused. Eric cleared his throat awkwardly. “ So… Is there anything else you would like? I have juice, milk, and some fruit. Does any of that sound good?” Eric said smiling. 

“I want my dads.” Eric’s smile faltered and his eyes grew cold. 

“Sorry kid, not an option.”

Thomas didn’t like that. He stopped eating and put the plate on the ground pushing it away. “I want my dads! I want to go home!” Tears brimmed his eyelids threatening to fall. “Please, I just wanna go home.” 

“”Ok, ok look. I’ll make you a deal. I’ll take you home,” Thomas’s eyes lit up,; If you grant me a wish.” 

“A wish?” Thomas was startled. No one but him and Lyla knew about the power Thomas had. He had tried to tell his dad’s but they hadn’t believed him. 

“Yes, a wish. If you grant my wish I’ll take you home.” Eric offered an excited glint in his eyes. His voice was desperate and almost pleading. “Do we have a deal?” 

Thomas’s eyes narrowed he didn’t know why but he got the feeling something was wrong, but he wanted to go home so bad. “O… okay deal. What’s your wish?” 

Pure excitement lit up the man’s face startling Thomas slightly. “ I want you to undo something that happened 12 years ago.” Eric paused like he was waiting expectantly. 

Thomas faltered “Uh, you have to say I wish.” 

“Oh right ok. I wish that my mate had never rejected me.” Eric said sadly.

Thomas felt the familiar pull and his eyes began to glow and he was about to grant the wish when…

“Don’t do it Thomas!” A familiar voice called out. Thomas’s eyes returned to normal as he looked frantically around the room. 
“What’s wrong?” Eric asked “What happened? Why didn’t you grant my wish?” 

 “Why shouldn’t I grant it?” Thomas asked the voice. There was a long pause before he got a response. Leaving Eric sitting there in confusion.

“You’ll never see your dads again if you do.” The voice finally managed to say.

“Thomas grant my wish! We made a deal!” Eric seemed to be getting agitated.

“She says I shouldn’t… I can’t.” 

“Who are you talking about?”  Eric asked not to hear the voice.

“I..” Thomas recognized the voice, but… “I’m not sure. I just know she says I can’t grant your wish.” 

Eric’s eyes flashed a bright honey color and a deep growl rumbled in his chest. He quickly reached forward and gripped Thomas’s hair pulling up harshly.

“You listen here you little brat! I said ‘I wish’ that means you grant. I have been nice so far but trust me when I say I will do whatever it takes to get what I want.’ Eric spat in the boy's face.

Thomas was in tears at this point as he gripped the hand pulling on his hair. “I can’t give you what you want!” Thomas cried. 

“Then you don’t get to go home!” Eric picked up the six year old and threw him onto the bed before storming out of the room slamming the door behind him and harshly locking it.

Thomas sat there on the bed shaking violently. He gingerly placed a hand on his head where his hair had been yanked. It was tender but otherwise ok. Tears poured from Thomas’s eyes. He just wanted to go home.

“Thomas?” The voice said gently. Thomas looked up and there standing at the foot of the bed was a translucent figure. Thomas could see right through them but a smile broke out on his face. ‘’Can you see me now?” They said looking down at themself. “I’m still trying to figure this out.” 

Thomas jumped off the bed and rushed to the form slamming into them despite their see through appearance and hugging as tight as he could. “Lyla!”