Chapter Fifteen

A/N It has totally not been over two years.  Definitely not... Okay hopefully I can end this fanfic with a bang! Okay let's do this.

Kageyama's phone rang.

"Yeah?" He answered groggily.  "What do you want Kurugi."

"Kuragi!" He corrected again. "Look I heard what happened.  Is your little assassination job all good? I mean I heard the client paid big money to make it look like an accident." He sighed.

"I don't know. I'm tired."

Kageyama's little mafia group were called the Three Crows. That's because it was made up of three 'departments'.

The first and obvious department was the mafia gang portion.  As a result of affiliation, the assassination department came in second.  The third wasn't spoken much, but it was the underground department which handled the classified cases. 

While these departments were basically alliances, they really were their own group.  Some didn't even affiliate with the other departments purely because they had no need to.  Kageyama and a handful of others were the few who did.

Two of which were his parents.

However, leaving wasn't an option for either of them, so the deal was to leave Kageyama to the group to be trained for both assassination and being a hitman. 

But Kageyama was tired.  So, so tired.

"Sorry," he apologized to his former partner.  "This case is not exactly fun.  And that incident with my target didn't exactly help either."

"Nah I understand."  A pause. "Hey did you hear what's been happening?" Kageyama groaned.

"No, what happened?"

"You know that case you took, you know the murders?" He hummed a yes.

"What about it?"

"Turns out, the week after, they stopped."  Kageyama sat up.

"Huh?" He paused and let out a quiet sigh.  "Oh, is that so? I haven't heard much.  Sorry I've been trying to study for the exams coming up so I lost track.  I'll look into it." He hung up in a hurry.

It wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't entirely the truth. Kageyama buried his head in his hands.

Good.

~~

Hinata stared at the ceiling of his bedroom.  His mother had gone out with Natsu to shop and he was all alone and just so so bored.

'Come on, let's go and play.'

'We already played yesterday. We should stop for today.'

'But we're bored.'

Hinata rolled over to his side.  It had been a week since he found about Kageyama's tattoo, and his urge to kill had suddenly increased.

Oddly enough though, the number of missing reports increased, but no murders on the news.

'I made sure to do a really good job too. How boring.'

~~

On the walk to school, Kageyama got a call.  He grimaced.

"Hello?"

"Tobio," he clenched his jaw, feeling extremely irritated and uneasy.  He heard a heavy sigh on the other line.  "Look, I really didn't want to give you another target after that last thing last week, but I got one for you.  It was a special request."

Kageyama raised a brow.  "What do you mean?  Who's my target?"

The man on the other line chuckled.  "Well, two birds with one stone.  It's Hinata Shouyou."

. . .

Kageyama dropped his phone. 

"Tobio?  Tobio.  TOBIO!"

He gained composure before picking up his phone. "Yes, I'm sorry I bumped into someone." God his hands felt so clammy.  He felt so sick to his stomach.  He wanted to cry.  He wanted to shout. 

"Look, the target is a killer, at least that's what the client said. If that's true, it'll prove the case you have and you can satisfy your boss." Kageyama took a breath.

"I understand.  I'll get it done soon."  Before he hung up, he heard his boss say something.

"Oh and Tobio? Stop cleaning up the murders."

~~

When the boy got to school, his first instinct was to find his sunshine. He felt so uneasy and just couldn't think to do anything other than to find him.

"Yo! Kageyama!"

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Hinata was taken aback by such a big hug, he felt like he was being consumed. He ruffled the other's hair.  "What's wrong my love?"

Kageyama pulled away quickly, realizing how badly he just fucked up.  Don't get attached, that's the first rule he was taught. 

Never get attached.

"Ah," Kageyama turned and ran away. "Hey, wait Kageyama!"

'Fuck, fuck, fuck! I'm screwed.  I hate this.'  He ran to his class and felt like falling apart.

'I'm so fucking tired.'

~~

Practice ended early since Daichi wasn't feeling his best.  He left first, but Kageyama and Hinata were the last ones to leave.

Kageyama's phone rang and he looked rather panicked.

"Hey Hinata, I gotta take this." The boy nodded and just continued to put away the net.  Once he reached the locker room, he answered. "Yes?"

"Stop stalling and kill him." He paused.

"I-"

"What did we tell you? Do not get attached."

"No, I just-"

"Kageyama, I know, he's your friend but you can't compromise the community's safety just because you're attached.  Stop.  Let it go."

"... I understand. I will kill him. I will kill Hinata Shouyou."

"Like hell you will," a voice said behind him followed by a click of gun. Kageyama hung up and raised his hands.

"Hinata..."

"So you are part of them.  The Three Crows."  Kageyama frowned. 

"Please let me explain."

"EXPLAIN WHAT! You betrayed me! You, you lied to me!" Hinata felt like sobbing but he was just so frustrated.  "I loved you."

"I just, I was just given a file investigating murders.  I didn't know it was all you.  That's why I was in your room, I was looking for evidence. But, I started to like you, I grew attached and I, I love you Hinata.  That's why I kept cleaning up those murders so hopefully I wouldn't have to kill you! I love you Hinata."  Kageyama rambled on and on about his situation before realizing he had to stop.

"It wasn't all just me," Hinata spoke calmly.

"Huh?"

"The murders weren't just me."  He shifted his demeaner.  "It was my dad and me.  We both did the murders, though it was mainly just him.  But," he started acting irritated.  "You, you guys, you killed him! He was the one making sure everything was going smoothly! Then, when he died I felt like everything was falling apart and I started to feel guilty. GUILTY! Do you know how embarrassing that is?" Hinata let out a big breath.

"Hinata."

"I gotta kill  you Kageyama.  Before you kill me, y'know?" He smiled before pointing the gun at the boy's chest. 

"Goodbye Kageyama."

A/N THAT was DIFFICULT OH MY GAWD.  Okay so next chapter is the last chapter! Sorry that was a bit of a quick chapter but I wasn't sure how to write this chapter.... Hope you all enjoyed!

VOTE

FOLLOW IF YOU HAVEN'T

ANY QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED