Chapter five

A/n Sorry for the late update... did this on my phone so probably some mistakes... sorry...

Kageyama flinched once the man put a hand on his shoulder.

"Great day man. I guess I'll end up seeing you later, maybe not." A confused look on the hitman's face caught the targets attention. "What?" Kageyama shook his head.

"No it's... it's just I don't know what your name is." The man laughed.

"Right right. My name. My name is James Connor." He put a hand out. "Yours?"

"Kayage Togari, but you can call me Kyle." The target smiled, Kageyama shook his hand. "So... what room are you staying in?"

"106." Stepping back, the man who claimed to be James, bid the other goodbye, stating he had business to attend.
~time skip~

Putting all of his belongings into his room, he sighed, throwing himself on the bed he decided to think. It got much more complicating since the place he would assassinate his target was in a hotel, a place filled with people. Plus a rifle? If his target was right below him, how the hell was he supposed to use a rifle and not get caught?

Good thing he brought a pocket knife.

But then again... how would he use any of his weapons and not... die?

Looking out the window, the bright blinding light made his eyes flutter, now thinking of the bright innocent sunshine he knew.

Or so he thought...

'He changed his facial features huh' he thought. Just a bit different, something small but definitely noticeable, unless you've never met him.

"Don't you think he's a bit suspicious...?"  A muffled voice called out from down below.  Kageyama swore it was his imagination, but he heard it fairly clearly.  He bowed his head down to the ground, an ear scouring any sound he could hear.

"Suspicious...? How...?"  It took the hitman a moment before he could finally realize, they weren't speaking a certain language out there.

"Just... doesn't he seem a little uptight...?"

"How so...?"

"I think... he's..." That was it. Kageyama gritted his teeth, just wanting to shoot him. He was intelligent, he could manipulate every moment of the situation and he finally knew that. He had money, people, a reputation and heck, even a company. He was well known for both good and bad deeds, but no one would ever listen to someone as lowly as Kageyama.

He thought he knew what kind of person his target was, but now, after looking through his file again, he really knew.

~~~

"Where's Kageyama?" Sugawara asked the captain.  The captain grabbed a ball and served to the ace who spiked at Nishinoya, where the orange blob would jump up and hit, thus repeating the cycle until someone failed to hit or receive. Only then would Daichi come in and serve yet again.

"He's looking out for his gramps since he's sick. Why?" He glanced to the side and back.

"Well, don't you think he's... I don't know, weird?"

"Sure! He's a fricken prodigy! Hey Nishinoya!" He slams the volley towards him and the shorter one reacts while shouting, "rolling thunder!!!"

Sugawara wants to laugh at their idiocy, but it was bugging him. "No, I mean... don't you think he's a bit, sinister?"

Daichi thought and thought. "Nope." He gave a deadpanned face before the captain chuckled and smiled. "I mean don't get me wrong, he can be a bit... much, but other than that, he's just, normal in his own way." He then throws the ball in the air and serving it.

Hinata could see Daichi and Sugawara talking, but wondered what it was about. He walked on over with an excuse to drink water.

"Well he had a phone call and it defiantly didn't seem to be-" Sugawara noticed the spiker and put on a forced smile. "Yeah?"

Hinata mirrored the other and asked if he could take a small break. They both nodded and the vice captain kept his smile, all until he was out of view. It dropped, and the captain noticed.

"Look, we're not in his shoes. He was abandoned by his teammates in middle school, don't you think that's a bit traumatizing? He can barley open up and show his feelings to us, so maybe he had something on his plate during the phone call?" Daichi simply explained. The other knew he couldn't continue to complain, so took his word for it and left, sighing in the process.

Hinata grabbed a water bottle and drank from it, staring at Sugawara, no, observing him. He knew he was suspicious but who? Who was he suspicious of?

'I really hope I don't have to get rid of him' a part of him thought. He shook his head. 'He's an amazing teammate... don't do anything' another part thought.

As he thought, he thought about Kageyama and what he said before. 'I thought he was suspicious of me but I guess not' his lips formed a subtle pout around the mouthpiece and continued to think. 'But Kageyama? In love? That can't be it. He has to be lying...' he stopped drinking and his face had a grim look.

Kill her

He perked up. "No..." he whispered. He felt a bit jealous of Kageyama, feeling so free, liking someone when all of this was going on, being oblivious to the world's imperfections.

'Unlike Kageyama'

He flushed red and suddenly forced himself to be mad all while flushing. "He's just a rival, a mean self centered rival..." he muttered, hiding his face behind his water bottle. "He's not perfect..."

All the while, Tsukishima was extremely confused, barely dodging a face receive, but poor Yamagucchi, ultimately being hit in the face do to an unexpected change in plans.

A/n wow I finally did it! I'm so sorry for the extremely late update, writers block has been insanely irritating and hqjskskwndn

And also homework over the summer hasn't been a great help either...

Welp... VOTE!

FOLLOW IF YOU HAVENT >~<

And as always, I'll answer any questions!