Chapter Ten

A/n not the best chapter. Was a bit difficult to write... might be a bit boring... I hope not though!!  

Kageyama's and Hinata's relationship was like a piece of glass. The rules made it perfect, and yet there were two cracks.

Hinata didn't know about this. He just thought it was a perfect piece of glass. Perfect enough to be shaped into something magnificent. Unfortunately, the cracks would make it impossible.

Ignorance is bliss, they say. Ignorance is just bliss.

Hinata never knew about the cracks and so he was happy. Kageyama knew about the cracks and so he was on the verge of breaking altogether. It was a lot of pressure, but he learned to deal with it.

The previous night, they stayed in Hinata's bed as they held each other close for their own reasons. They were soon summoned to eat dinner quietly as the two avoided each other. They did their evening business and then held each other again until they fell asleep throughout the night.

The next morning was a Saturday, but they needed to come in for practice. Fortunately, it was in the middle of the day.

Kageyama was the first to wake up.

He looked down and stared at the yellow sunshine. The dark, grim, sunshine. He was sleeping so peacefully that last night seemed like a bad dream. He held him closer and placed his head in the other's hair, noticing the faint smell of his shampoo. He could feel the other shift and so he gave him room to back up.

Hinata rubbed his eyes and then blinked a couple times, staring up at his setter.

"Morning!" Smiled the sunshine, the other replied with a similar smile as he said a 'morning,' back.

Hinata's eyes then dropped down out of nervousness and gasped to say something. Kageyama was startled by the gasp as he thought he somehow scared him.

"Um!" He started off loudly. "So what are we?" He then ended a bit quieter. Kageyama smiled again and then kissed the other's forehead.

"Well what do you think?" He held him close again, but he could, in a way, clearly imagine the small crow with a flushed face and an embarrassed smile.

The first crack began to grow.

~~~

The practice seemed to be going well. Tsukishima's blocking improved a bit as well as Hinata's receives, but as always, they were terrible.

The duo seemed to be doing better since the last time with their quick attacks. Kageyama's setting skills have improved overall for the entire team.

Maybe he figured something out since the last time, they thought. Granted he had only a night to reflect, but as the genius he was at volleyball, he found a way.

The whistle blew and team one won, Daichi, Ennoshita, Tanaka, Kageyama, and Hinata.

They all drew sticks, however they all agreed that Nishinoya wouldn't leave Asahi, and Kageyama wouldn't separate with Hinata, so they were in separate teams.

It was also the reason why they tried a 5v5 instead of a 3v3.

They redid the small matches against each other multiple times, changing the combinations according to Ukai, and continued on until they nearly passed out.

With the practices finally done, they all headed to the locker room. When Kageyama got to his bag and opened his phone, he saw a few missed calls. He paused for a moment and then excused himself, saying he needed to take a phone call.