Chapter Nine

The walk home was quiet again, but then they somehow managed to go back to their old selves. Talking about volleyball and making fun of each other. In his head, Kageyama questioned why anyone would suspect such an innocent sunshine.

They stopped at Hinata's front door and he opened the front door.

"I'm home!" He shouted, only for him to realize that no one was home. He checked the time on his phone. "Oh right, they said they were running errands today."

Inside looked clean, that was the first thing that Kageyama noticed. It was clean. It didn't reek of disinfectant, there was no bloody mess, it was just, clean.

Without saying much, Hinata motioned to his room. It was at the end of the hallway to their right. Once they got there, Kageyama excused himself to the bathroom.

"Ah, the first door on your left!" Hinata shouted out.

"Okay!" He went inside and locked it. He looked under the sink, the cabinet seemed normal. Some cleaning products as well as a lone bottle of hydrogen peroxide. It didn't strike him as odd as he thought it to be normal. There were no weapons and nothing too out of the ordinary. He was about to close the cabinet before he saw the date on the bottle. It was a year and a half old.

He grabbed the bottle. Seemed used, it was lighter than a full bottle should be. He opened the cap and sniffed the inside. It didn't smell like it.

Maybe it was just old?

He closed the cap and put it back, closing the cabinet doors. He flushed the toilet and washed his hands. He would ask Hinata about the bottle, but that would make the other suspicious.

Well, it was just the one. That wasn't enough evidence to prove that he was a killer, so he simply sighed and pushed aside his worries. He was about to walk away to the door, only to see something weird in the bathtub, but he shook his head in denial.

Going back, he opened the door and saw Hinata playing with the ball, tossing it and spinning it.

Once he saw Kageyama enter, he stopped, placing the ball in his hands and keeping it there. The other simply walked in and stood in the middle of the room, confused.

"So..." There was an awkward silence between the both of them.

"So..." Hinata repeated, not knowing what to do now that it had come to this. In his head, he had not thought this far. "I'll go get some tea..." He tossed the ball on his bed and went out the door, closing it behind him.

Now he was just awkward in his friend's room. He sighed and told himself that Hinata was innocent, that he was no killer. Unfortunately, his boss wouldn't let him off the hook with just his words, so he decided to look around in his room.

His desk was messy, that was for sure, but there wasn't anything off. He glanced over the bed and under, and didn't see anything out of place. He checked the drawers quickly, trying not to snoop too far.

There was seven drawers. Pens and pencils, papers and other random things. Three were empty but one of them had a knife. A pocketknife.

But again, he thought to himself. That wasn't enough evidence.

'Well... nothing suspicious here,' he thought to himself. He glanced over at the closet and mentally shook his head. 'There's no way anything would be there.'

He opened the closet doors, only to see clothes.

'See? Nothing suspicious...' he was about to close the doors, only to see a drop of red. 'That's just... color, nothing special.' He looked towards the right, following the trail. He saw a basket for laundry.

But it was covered in blood.

'No... it's not blood. It's not-'

He pushed the clothes to the side, revealing the back. He knocked on it, only to hear a hollow sound. He inspected it, pushing on it with force, only for it to open after he lightly touched it.  There wasn't a big opening, barely enough for him to even notice. His fingers dug under the open crack and pulled it open.

He backed up and told himself no. It couldn't be true.

He heard the door open and saw Hinata.

~moments before~

Hinata was nervous to the bone as he walked up the stairs with a tray of tea and crackers. He had no idea what to bring so he just brought everything. He managed to balance the tray in one hand as he opened the door with the other.

He opened his mouth to say something, only for him to notice a shocked face on his friend. He looked at where he was faced and realized how quickly he found out his secret.

'Kill him.'

He dropped the tray, held a cup and shattered it against the wall, still holding onto a piece. He grabbed Kageyama's shirt to hold him in place and motioned to stab him in his neck, only for him to stop the moment it touched his neck.

It all happened in a matter of seconds.

Shock overwhelmed the poor setter as all he could do was stay still as Hinata was about to kill him. His own reflexes seemed to have turned off the moment he saw his friend walk into the room.

He expected pain, he expected to be dead, only to feel his soon to be killer shake.

"Do you hate me?" He managed to say after the shock of nearly killing his friend. Someone he cared for.

"What...?" Kageyama breathed out.

"Do you hate me now?" He began to sob. "I know I'm not... I know I'm weird. I'm scary. I'm different. But I meant it when I said I love you." The conversation seemed one sided, but the other listened in despite that.

"No," he replied after a moment to process. "I don't hate you."

"Then," his sobbing stopped. "Don't leave me." His first rule. "Don't betray me." His second rule. "Don't lie to me." His final rule. While he spoke, his menacing aura seemed to have slipped. His words felt grim and simply being around him left the assassin terrified.

He recognized this.

Kageyama held the other as he could hear the rain starting to come down.

Pitter patter, pitter patter.

He held him close and waited for the other to respond back with a hug. He could feel the other shake again, sobbing in the process.

"I won't leave you. I will never betray you," he then paused.

"And I will never lie to you."

A/n I am terrible author I know............ I'm sorry!!!! I tried my best for the last two (including this one) but writing on my phone made it a bit difficult.... I find it easier to write/type on a computer

Anywho, vote!

Follow!

And any questions shall be answered!