Chapter 2: Introductions and Iron Blood

3rd Person POV

Azur Lane

After mooring his ship at the docks, Striker jumped down to where Enterprise was waiting for him.

"Are they alright?" he asked, nodding toward the shipgirls as they started patching each other up.

"They will recover," Enterprise replied, then glanced at his ship. "I have never seen a ship like yours before."

Striker looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Follow me," Enterprise replied and walked off, Striker following.

As they walked down the docks, multiple shipgirls stared at Striker in both awe and surprise.

"Why're they all looking at me like that?" Striker asked. "First time seeing a guy?"

"Yes, actually," Enterprise replied. "You're the first male ship in this world that we've encountered, seeing as how most ships are women. The fact that a male ship exists is frankly quite shocking to us."

Striker sweatdropped. "Good to know."

The two walked in silence for a long moment before eventually arriving at an academy of sorts. "Follow me."

Enterprise led Striker inside and started walking down a series of hallways.

"How do you even find your way through here?" Striker asked as they walked down the hall. "It's like a maze."

"Experience," Enterprise replied.

"Not much for talking, are ya, Sheila?"

"Sheila?" Enterprise asked, eyes narrowing.

"I'm an Aussie," Striker explained. "It's how we talk down under."

"Aussie?"

"Australian."

"Australian?"

Striker looked at Enterprise in confusion, and she mirrored his look. "I'm not the only one confused here, am I, Sheila?"

"No, you are not," Enterprise agreed, and they resumed walking in silence.

Eventually, they arrived at a large set of oak doors and entered.

Wales and several other girls turned. "Ah, Enterprise. I am relieved that you are here." She turned to Striker. "And you must be the male ship. I am Prince of Wales, V-class battleship."

"Sup, I'm Cleveland, CL-55 light cruiser," the energetic shipgirl introduced with a wave. "Nice to meet you!"

"I am Illustrious, armored aircraft carrier of the Royal Navy," the carrier introduced.

"I'm Unicorn," the little girl said shyly, hugging her toy and hiding behind Illustrious somewhat.

"Javelin, J-class destroyer," the Royal Navy shipgirl greeted, waving.

"I'm Laffey, Benson class destroyer," the bunny-eared shipgirl introduced tiredly before promptly falling asleep on one of the couches.

"G'day," Striker replied. "I'm guessing you all have questions?"

"Yes," Wales replied, sitting down on a couch across from him, the other girls following her lead. "Please, sit."

Seeing no way out of this, Striker sat down as well.