4th of July (Special)

3rd Person POV

Azur Lane

"Hey, Striker!"

Turning, Striker grinned as he saw Hornet rushing toward him, the pre-dusk light casting beautifully across her features.

"Hey, Sheila," he greeted, catching her in a hug. "You ready for tonight?"

She snorted. "Do ya even have to ask?"

Striker tapped his chin. "Maybe..."

She elbowed him, and he held up his hands. "Alright, alright. All I have left is to just hook up the lights."

Hornet raised an eyebrow. "Feeling festive, eh?"

Striker shrugged. "It's the 4th of July; what'd ya expect?"

"Fair enough," Hornet conceded and nudged him. "Come on. I'll help ya set up."

Striker grinned. "Glad to have ya, Sheila."

Giving him a quick kiss, Hornet smiled, and the two began setting up.

Sakura Empire

"You know, I thought the 4th of July was only an Eagle Union thing," Orochi commented as he headed down to the docks where dozens of Sakuran shipgirls were setting up decorations, Amagi at his side.

"It was, but since our factions have been united once more, it is only right that we celebrate this holiday as one," Amagi explained, her lips curving into a smile as she saw Akagi and Kaga using their planes to lift several lines of lights into position.

"Speaking of which, you excited for the celebration tonight?" Orochi asked as he jumped down to the dock where his ship was located.

"Of course," Amagi replied, smiling as she ghosted down next to him, her tails swaying gently. "I get to spend most of it with you and my sisters."

"Well, at least I'm halfway appreciated," Orochi commented, flashing Amagi a grin as he grabbed a crate of fireworks. "Mind helping me load them up? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need some help."

Amagi smiled. "Of course." Her parasol disappearing to who knows where, she walked over and helped Orochi pick up a large crate. Eyeing the label, she raised an eyebrow.

Seeing her expression, Orochi shrugged. "Go big or go home."

With Striker

"Hey, Hornet!" Striker called as he lifted a Harpoon missile out of the way and replaced it with a firework. "Watch out for that—"

Hornet's plane snagged in one of the hanging light strips, and she tripped, falling through the air to land on top of him.

Groaning, Hornet shook her head and looked down at Striker. "My hero."

"My back," Striker groaned.

Getting off, Hornet pulled him to his feet. "You alright?"

"More or less," Striker winced. Twisting his arm, he popped his shoulder back in place. "At least we finished the decorations."

"Are ya sure loading fireworks in your missile launchers is a good idea?" Hornet asked, gesturing to one of Striker's Harpoon launchers.

Striker shrugged. "It's the only way to launch the big ones."

"Fair enough," Hornet conceded and nodded toward the beach where many shipgirls were setting out blankets and towels. "Looks like we're gonna have a pretty big party round here. Are all the factions coming?"