Chapter 14: Dates and Shenanigans

3rd Person POV

Azur Lane

"What happened?" Wales demanded as Orochi pulled up to the port and leapt down, Amagi held gently in his arms.

"Sirens ambushed us," Orochi replied. "I'll explain later; we need to get her to the infirmary."

"Right." Wales nodded at Belfast, who stood behind her.

"Follow me, Master Orochi," Belfast said and hurried off, Orochi right behind her while Striker, Hornet, Shoukaku, Zuikaku, and Purifier jumped down from Orochi's deck.

"Hornet!" Yorktown and Enterprise ran over to where Striker and Hornet stood, the Battleship with his arm around Hornet.

"What happened?" Enterprise demanded as Yorktown examined Hornet's arm.

"Turns out, the double tap rule applies at sea as well," Striker replied, confusing her. "I'll explain later, Sheila. But Hornet's fine; she's a tough girl."

"Damn right," Hornet muttered, gently pushing Yorktown away. "I'm fine, sis."

"I believe there are several things we need to discuss," Wales said. "Striker, Zuikaku, Shoukaku, come with me. Purifier, you, too. Hornet, have Vestal check that arm."

"Fine," Hornet sighed, and she and Yorktown walked off, Vestal following while Enterprise, Wales, and the others walked to the academy.

Timeskip brought to you by Yorktown interrogating Striker... again

"Now," Wales said as she and Enterprise faced Striker and the others, the six of them standing in the main briefing room. "What happened out there?"

"Well, it's a bit of a story, Sheila," Striker said. "At first, everything was going well, aside from the low visibility. After we hit the enemy from a distance, we got in close to take the rest of them out. We had everything under control until Observer Alpha showed up."

"Observer Alpha?" Wales asked in surprise. "I presumed she was dead, given how you shot her with a railgun."

"Surprised me, too," Striker replied and went on to explain what had happened next, from killing Observer, to Amagi getting injured, to finishing off the remaining Siren forces and returning to base.

"I see..." Wales was silent for a long moment. "While I am relieved that the last of the Siren forces have been eliminated, I am concerned about how Observer Alpha managed to return. If she were able to, then there is a small chance that the Empress could return as well."

"Nah, that won't happen," Purifier said, sitting upside down on the couch.

"And how do you know this?" Enterprise asked.

"I've had my head blown off enough times to know that killing Sirens doesn't work like that," Purifier said. "The only way to kill us is to either vaporize us, damage us enough so we can't come back, or disintegrate us, like Striker and Orochi can."

"And you did not see fit to tell us this why?" Wales questioned.

"You never asked, duh," Purifier replied.

"She's insane, remember," Striker reminded everyone.

"I take offense to that!"

"I know," Striker replied. "Either way, Hornet's arm should be alright in an hour or two. As for Amagi... I'm not really sure."

"Probably two days," Purifier offered, balancing on top of the couch like it were a tightrope. "That's how long it usually took me to recover from Alpha's shots. I don't like shots; they're too pointy."