Chapter 4: Assessments

3rd Person POV

Azur Lane

Sleeping in his hammock, Striker relaxed with a blissful smile on his face. After the chaos of the previous week, and rescuing the two Dragon Empry shipgirls, he could really use the rest.

However, nothing good lasted long, and such was the situation as sunlight beamed through his dorm windows. Groaning, Striker covered his face with the pillow. "Five more minutes..." he groaned.

He heard the sound of a door opening; he groaned again, rolling over in his hammock. "Come on..."

"Rise and shine!" a familiar voice greeted happily.

Grumbling, Striker looked up, blinking, and saw a familiar Carrier standing over him, her green eyes gleaming mischievously.

"Hornet? What are you doing here?" Striker asked. "Also, how did you get into my room?"

"You left your door unlocked," the blond-haired shipgirl explained. "Also, Wales wants to see ya. It's 10 o'clock."

"Can't you just let me sleep in a bit more?" Striker whined, burying his face into his pillow.

"Nope!" Grabbing the edge of his hammock, Hornet flipped it, and Striker fell to the ground, landing in a heap.

"Oh, come on!"

"Awake yet?" Hornet asked, placing her hands on her hips and leaning down to look at him, her green eyes flashing.

"Fine, I'm up," Striker grumbled.

Timeskip brought to you by Hornet not letting Striker get any sleep

After getting dressed (Striker had made sure Hornet had stayed outside for that), Striker walked out and was met with the sight of the blond carrier throwing darts at his door.

"Whoops!"

Striker ducked, barely avoiding a dart that whistled over his head.

"Seriously?" Striker complained.

"Sorry," Hornet apologized sheepishly. "Now come on; the others are waiting!" Grabbing Striker's hand, she dragged him after her.

"I'm not gonna get any peace with you around, am I?" Striker asked.

"Nope!" Hornet replied cheerfully, slowing to a walk so that Striker could catch up.

"Can I at least get something to eat?" Striker pleaded, hoping the blond Carrier would have mercy.

"After. Now come on; we've kept the others waiting long enough," Hornet said, tugging him along.

"This isn't because I beat you in volleyball, is it?" Striker asked.

"Don't worry, I'm still planning to get ya back for that," Hornet assured, an evil grin on her face.

"And now I'm terrified," Striker muttered as they walked across the courtyard, with the sun gleaming overhead and birds chirping in the trees.

"It's pretty peaceful out here, don't ya think?" Hornet asked.

"It'd be more peaceful if someone didn't yank me out of bed," Striker grumbled.

"You enjoyed me waking you up, and ya know it."

"Whatever you say, Sheila," Striker replied, rolling his eyes. As they neared the entrance to the academy, Striker froze.