Chapter 7: Mirror Fleets and Shattered Seas

3rd Person POV

Ocean

"Are you sure about this?" Striker asked as he stood on Hornet's deck while the rest of the Azur Lane fleet sailed around them, led by Wales and Queen Elizabeth.

"Not really," Hornet admitted, reclining in the seat of one of her bombers, as Cleveland and her sisters stood ahead of them. She tilted her hat. "Time for a showdown." She made a finger gun and pointed to the sea ahead of them, where the battle was soon to take place.

"You nervous?" Striker asked, jumping up onto the wing of Hornet's plane.

"Definitely," Hornet replied. "You?"

"Couldn't be worse."

The two laughed before looking at the massive fleet around them. "Hopefully, we can end this fighting here and now without any more bloodshed," Hornet commented.

"That'd be great," Striker agreed.

"Yeah, both us and the Sakura Empire sending our largest fleets should be one heck of a fight," Hornet agreed. "And not just them... Iron Blood's getting involved, too."

"This'll be fun," Striker deadpanned.

"How're you holding up?" Hornet asked. "You know, after that wisdom cube incident?"

"I'm fine, Sheila," Striker assured. "Geez, Mate, you'd think we're a married couple by how much you worry about me."

"Well, I wouldn't have a problem with that one," Hornet teased, eyes glinting mischievously as Striker's face reddened ever so slightly.

"That backfired, didn't it?" Striker asked, turning away.

"Yup."

Timeskip by Chibi Striker asking Hornet out on a Date

"We there yet?" Striker complained. It had been two hours, and the sun had started to set, the stars coming out overhead.

Hornet yawned. "If the enemy's trying to bore us to sleep before we fight, it's working."

"Why do you think we're even doing this?" Striker asked. "You know, with Red Axis going all out like this?"

"Dunno. To be honest, I think that black fox girl's lost one too many, if you know what I mean." Hornet tapped her head for emphasis. "You got anything on the enemy fleet yet?"

"Nope, not a—" Striker cut himself off. "Scratch that. They just popped up on my radar. It's a lot of them."

Hornet nodded and radioed Wales. "Hey, Wales, Striker just picked up the enemy fleet."

"Nice work, Striker," Wales's voice called. "Some of the others have almost gained a visual as well. You might want to get ready."

Striker nodded and turned to Hornet as she jumped down to the deck. "Guess this is it."

"Guess so," Hornet replied. "You'd better be careful; I kinda like ya when you're not driving me nuts."

"No promises, Mate," Striker called and charged toward the front of the deck. Jumping into the air, he summoned his ship. Wisdom cubes flowed around him, forming his battleship, and it crashed down into the water, sending a massive spray of mist into the air.

"A little dramatic, don't you think?" Hornet commented, calling over the radio.

Striker shrugged and turned as the Sakura Empire's fleet appeared in the distance.