Chapter 8

Josies POV
I pull out my phone and let everyone know I won't have my phone when I'm home for the week. I text Leah and Seth to see if they're okay and luckily their parents trust Leah enough to where they went to bed early and not caught them. I hand dad my phone and go to my room. (Monday) I wake up excited cause I get my phone back for school. I shower and change.

I head downstairs and dads not here

I head downstairs and dads not here. I wait for Bella and we go out and dad pulls up in Bella's car. Bella slips and falls.I laugh and me and dad help her up."You alright?" Dad asks "yeah I'm good, ice doesn't really help"Bella says.She goes to her car "that's why I had some new tires put on the truck,old ones were getting pretty bald,well probably be late for dinner, I got to head over to mason county,security guard got killed by some kind of animal" dad hands me my phone and goes to his truck. "An animal?" Bella asks confused"your not in Phoenix anymore bells"me and dad say. She looks offended "anyway figured I'd lend a hand"he says "well be careful" me and Bella say "always am"he says."And thanks for the tires"Bella says "yeah" he gets in his car and leaves.We leave in different cars but park next to each other. (8 period) me and Bella walk in and Edwards here 'great'. Bella walks over angrily and sits down. I go sit down "please can we be acquaintances again?" Mike begs "no you tried to assault me"I say"pleasse I wasdrunk, you know that" he says. "Fine last chance" I say. Throughout class Edward was talking to Bella. Class was over and I was walking behind them as they talked in the halls. I didn't pay attention til Edward said something that caught my attention. "I'm sorry, I'm just trying to figure you out,your very difficult for me to read" 'what?'. "Hey did you get contacts?—I look—your eyes were black the last time I saw you and now there golden brown" she says and he closes his eyes. "No uh it's the fluorescence um" he walks away"what happened to 'I'll deal with it'?"I ask "he's nice" she says. I scoff and wait for her. We head outside and Bella has her earbuds in. We go to her truck and she looks back at Edward for 10 seconds. She focuses again and goes through her bag. I hear a car honk and drifting. I turn to see a van about to smash us. I panic and push Bella out of the way. I'm about to get hit when I feel a hand around my waist and we fall back a bit and he stops the van with his hand,leaving a dent. I'm breathing heavily from panic and look to see Edward was the one who saved me. We stare at each other and he lets go and jumps over the truck. I look back at the dent 'how?'. I feel in shock as Bella crawls over to me in panic. I hear students run over to check on me and Bella helps me stand up."Call 911"I hear everyone yell to each other. "Hey you okay?" Bella grabs my face to look at her. "Yeah" I whisper and hear sirens.'How did Edward do that? How did he get to me so fast?' I get in the ambulance and Bella comes too. I zone out as they check me out. We arrive and they take me to a room. They do a bunch of tests but I was fine. They get Tyler right next to me. Bella's standing next to me and dad bursts in frantically."Jo you okay?"He walks over and points to Tyler "you and I are going to talk, you alright?" He asks. "I'm alright dad calm down" I say "I'm really sorry Josie, I tried to stop" Tyler apologizes"I-I know it's okay"I say."No,it sure as hell is not okay" dad says "dad it wasn't his fault" Bella defends "she could have been killed, you understand that"he fight back."Yes but I wasn't so"I say "you can kiss your license goodbye" dad tells Tyler. I roll my eyes "I heard the chiefs daughter was in" a guy says as he walks in. I look 'oooh'."Ah Dr Cullen" "Charlie" 'wait is that Edwards father?'.He dismisses the nurse and grabs the clipboard "Josette" he looks through the papers "Josie" I accidentally say a little harsh. "Well Josie,you took quite the spill,how do you feel?" He asks "good"I say "look here" I look at his finger as he flash's a flashlight."You might experience some post traumatic stress of disorientation but your vitals look good,no signs of any head trauma,I think you'll be just fine" he says. "I'm so sorry Josie, I'm really—dad closes the curtain of annoyance. "You know it would have been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there, he knocked her out of the way" Bella says "Edward? Your boy?" Dad asks him 'so he is his father'.Dr Cullen glances up "yeah it was amazing, he got to me so fast he was no where near me" I say "sounds like you were very lucky,Charlie"he releases us.We're heading out"I need to sign somepaperwork, should probably call your mom"dad says"did you tell her?"I ask,he shrugs a duh. "I'll do it later" I say "I'll do it,she's probably just freaking out" Bella says and walks away pulling out her phone. Me and dad go to the front desk.

Bella's POV
I see Edward and his sister and father talking in the hallway.I hide behind the corner.They look over "can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask. He walks over and they walk away."What?"He asks a little harsh"how-how did you get over to her so fast?"I stutter. "I was standing right next to you guys Bella"he says"no,you were next to your car across the lot"I say"no Iwasn't" he smiles trying to play it off. He chuckles "yes you were" I say and he looks like he's trying to find something to say. "Bella you uh you hit your head, think your confused "he says 'is he dense?'. "I wasn't the one to hit my head and I know what I saw" I say "and what exactly was that?" He asks "you-you stopped the van, you-you pushed it away with your hand"I say. "Well no ones going to believe you so" he says 'so he isn't denying it'. "I wasn't going to tell anybody,Ijust need to know the truth"I say"can't you guys just thank me and get over it"he says harsh. "Thank you"I say "your not going to let this go are you?" He asks "no" I say "well I hope you enjoy disappointment" he says and walks away.

Josies POV
Bella joins us and we head home in the cruiser."What happened to sticking with Bella?" Dad asks 'is he serious?'I glare"I did,I saved her,I pushed her out of the way"I say a little mad cause that's what he's concerned about. "Thank you Jo but next time let me save you,I'm the older sister,I should have protected and saved you"Bella says "let's not let there be a next time" dad says. 'At least Bella witnessed what I saw. I'm going to research'.