Chapter 26

Josies POV
"See, this is why we don't trust them and don't want you near them" Paul says mad "I know, it was an accident, it wasn't supposed to happen, just Bella being her clumsy self and I'm starting to see why I should avoid them" I say. "Yeah could have ended badly" Jared says angry too. I love them being protective and loving brothers. "Yeah I understand, geez, put stress on the pregnant girl why don't ya" I say "sorry, need a ride?" Paul asks. "Sure, I really need a car again" I say to myself and we leave. He shifts and I get on his back, he takes me home. We get home and I get off him and walk up to my door. I wave at him and go inside. "Why are you late?Where were you? Why didn't you come home with Bella?" Dad questions "I went to Emily's for a bit, not that big of a deal" I walk around him and start going upstairs. I stop and look at him "sorry—" "yeah pregnancy emotions, I know" he motions me away, forgiving my attitude. I go up to my room and get ready and go to sleep. (2 days later) I'm at my desk, in my room on my computer doing school work. I'm solving some math problems when my door opens. I'm home alone. I turn around to see Edward "what are you doing here?" I sigh but still a little scared cause we're alone and Bella's not here so why is he here? "Are you okay? After what happened at Bella's party?" He asks. "I'm fine, is that it?" I ask "you look so much like him, too bad I never got to figure it out" he says low. "What?" I ask confused "take care of Bella for me, don't let her do anything reckless, stay safe, hope your pregnancy goes well, hope I get to meet her one day"he says."Wait what are you talking about?"I stand up slowly confused "take care,bye" he disappears quickly "wait!" I look out the window but nothing 'what just happened?'. (6 hours later) I pace around my room still trying to figure out what happened earlier with Edward and wondering why Bella didn't come home. Her car is out front but she never came in.Its getting dark out and dads worrying a lot. I go downstairs "that's it, I'm calling a search party" he pulls out his phone. I pull out my phone and text the pack what's going on and to help. Sam said they're going out in wolf form and using their senses to find her. "Dad can't we just wait a little longer" I try to stop him but then I hear sirens and cars pulling up "shit" I say low. "No, it's too late" he says "I see that" I say in defeat. "Sorry sweetie, just stay inside"he goes outside and I go upstairs.(30 min later) I'm getting bored and have no update. I wrap a big blanket around me to hide my stomach and go downstairs. I head outside and stand by dad. Harry gives me a look like asking if I got ahold of the guys,I nod. I look to my right and Jacobs next to me. I look down and glance over out of the corner of my eye. He looks at me from the corner of his eye too. We stare for a couple seconds then both look away. "I'm gonna try the Cullens place again" dad pulls out his phone "the Cullens left town Charlie" billy says."Huh?!" I say shocked 'was that what was happening earlier?' "Good riddance" Harry says. "Where's they go?"Dad asks "we'll find her Charlie"Harry reassures dad. "Charlie" Jacob calls and we all turn around. Sam was carrying Bella back, dad runs over. I walk over, speed walking. "She's alright" Sam says and dad grabs Bella "I got her, thank you Sam" dad takes Bella inside. Harry nods at Sam, thanking him and Sam looks over at Jacob. Jacob looks back and gets uncomfortable and walks away. I walk over to Sam "you just earned some points with my dad and thank you" I say in relief "no problem but I did this for you, not the leech lover" he says "heyy, that's my sister" I say. "Exactly, for you" he says and looks behind me "what?" I ask. "He looks jealous and upset" he says and I turn around to Jacob staring at us a little angry. "No, there's no reason, he's probably just upset cause he has a crush on Bella and you saved her...half naked" I state "well better go give heads up" he says. "Ok" I say and he kisses my cheek and goes back to the forest. I walk back to the house and Jacob follows behind me as I pass him "are you dating? Why him? He's dangerous, are you in the cult too? How do you know him?" Jake rants. I roll my eyes and he follows me upstairs. I stop realizing if I don't answer or keep walking, he'll come to my room with the crib. "No we're not dating, I've known him for a few months, he isn't dangerous, people just started the rumor by what they saw and heard, now leave we're not even friends, we're enemies, why are you sounding protective and caring?"Iask."Good and I still think it's a cult, I'm not caring or protecting, your just taking it that way,now bye"he turns around and goes back down. "Mhmm!" He leaves and dad comes out of Bella's room. "What happened?" I ask "Edward left with his family and she broke down,she just needs some time" he says and I go to my room and he goes downstairs. I go to sleep.