Chapter 24

Josies POV
(1 month later) I have told Seth and Leah. Dad has gotten me a baby crib for the baby and it's in my room cause there's no more bedrooms. I've stayed home most of the time, the only time I went out was to go to the Clearwater's or the pack. I have started online school and Bella's gone back. In a few days it's Bella's birthday and we're going to the Cullens, guess I'll finally meet them officially. She doesn't want presents,she actually doesn't want to celebrate,that's why Edward told me secretly about the party. Sam said the elders didn't really know anything about banshees so I've left it alone, maybe redhead was wrong. I spend a lot of time at Emily's, helping out and them loving and taking care of me. I'm now 20 weeks (5 months) and I'm going to find out the gender soon. Right now I'm on my way to Emily's. I arrive and go inside. The guys are out patrolling. I tie my hair in a bun and go to the kitchen."Hey"Em says "hey,what we makin?" I ask "drumsticks and mashed potatoes, I'm almost done can you start the mashed potatoes" she says. I get out the pot and start making it.We finish and set the table.The guys come in being loud as usual.Jared sits down as Sam goes and kisses Emily and Paul kisses my cheek. "Why do I have to be the single and lonely one?" Jared whines "your not EXACTLY the single and lonely one" I say. We all sit down and eat. "Paul, tomorrow's the day we find out the gender" I say "I want a lahote jr" he says and the guys agree. "No, a girl" me and Emily agree "1 way to settle this, bet, girls vs boys" Jared says. "Alright, 10 bucks" I say and we agree. "If we have a girl, will she have the gene?" I ask "no, there's only ever been male shifters, girls don't get the gene" Sam says and I nod "sexism" I whisper but I know they heard it. We finish "I'll do dishes" I say "no, I'll do them"Emily says "no,you cooked most and I want to" I say and she gives in. They go watch a movie while I wash dishes. When I'm halfway done Paul comes over."What's up?"I ask"I secretly want a girl"he says. I smile "why? So you can be protect her and want her to be a daddy's girl?" I ask "yep,pretty much"he says. "You know, if and when you find your imprint, you having a child and very close relationship with me is gonna look bad" I say "didn't think about that" he says realizing. "It might even look bad if I ever get imprinted on by new pack members" I say "lets hope not cause I'll be protective" he says. I finish and we join everyone. I sit by Paul and cuddle him as we watch titanic. (2 hours later) the movie finishes and me and Emily were bawling our eyes out. "Why did she let go?"I sob"I don't know,there was space on the door"Emily sobs and the boys are laughing quietly at us. Emily gets up and goes to the kitchen. She comes back with 2 towel rags. She hands me one and I smack Paul with it and Emily hits Sam with it. We both hit Jared "wha?" Jared complains cause we both hit him. "I should probably go" I say and wipe my tears "I'll take you" Paul says "bye" we all say to each other. We get in my car and Paul drives me home. We arrive and he walks me to the door "see you tomorrow...with 10 bucks" I say and we laugh "see you" he says and I go inside. "Hey dad" I say "hey" he says and I sit beside him. "Can't wait to know the gender of the little one" he says "you do know you'll have to be in the lobby with Bella,right?" I ask."what?I thought fathers could go in" he says "of the baby dad, Paul will be with me while your out there" I say."So he'll know before me? Great" he says "I'm going to bed"I say and go to my room and sleep. (Next day) I wake up and change.

I go downstairs and eat real quick

I go downstairs and eat real quick. "Hey dad, I'm going to pick up Paul, I'll meet you guys there in a sec" I say "can't he get there himself" dad says annoyed "dad" I say warningly. "Whatever just go" he says and I get in my car and drive to la push. I pull up to Emily's and they all come out. Paul gets in front and the rest in the back. I go to the hospital. We arrive and get out. We go inside and dad and Bella are in the lobby. "Josie swan" my name gets called "good luck"Em says and me and Paul go to the room.Carlisle comes in"you ready to know?"He asks "yeah"I say nervous and Paul grabs my hand.Carlisle does the ultrasound "looks like your having...".